Bullet Reverb buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Reverb buzzing

The Reverb nob seems to be the prob. Jack it up all the way and it's bad. Even turned down all the way, it's still there. Sucks, I like reverb in my tone. How do I fix this?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Did you check the reverb tank to make sure it's fully plugged in? Maybe shoot the contact points with some contact cleaner, clean the reverb pot while you're at it?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      Did you check the reverb tank to make sure it's fully plugged in? Maybe shoot the contact points with some contact cleaner, clean the reverb pot while you're at it?
      +1

Sometimes the cables to the tank work loose.
      Models
      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
      I dont need furniture.
      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
      And rock that sucker.

Comment

Yeah, I just did all of that. Still a buzz. Disconnected a wire back there and I'll just use the RP100's reverb...

Comment

One other thing to check is the reverb tank itself.
          If you can unplug the cables from the tank & remove the tank from the cab, There should be 3 springs inside the tank. The springs should be connected at each end of the tank & have no brakes. Keep track of the in & out cables & be careful not to touch the amp circuit board. Could still be high voltage in the caps.

If any of the springs are broken, there's your problem. I have heard you can solder them back, although I haven't tried it.

If the springs are good, and your connections are good, then its not worth looking any further.

Good Tank:
          Models
          The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
          I dont need furniture.
          If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
          If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
          And rock that sucker.

Comment

How old is the amp? Capacitors that filter out hum dry up in 20 years, faster if the amp isn't used often enough. The filter caps for the reverb circuit should be small and cheap.

But my gut feeling is that there is a grounding issue somewhere.

Also, a reverb tank's output is low level like a guitar, which can pick up hum easily. Make sure it's a shielded RCA cable and not looped around the transformers which make lots of noise.

Comment

It could be anything, really. I've had the amp for +- 15 years. There is no true "tank": the wires come off the main board and connect to the reverb unit, which is wrapped in cardboard and is not fastened to anything inside the cabinet.

Comment

Working...
              X