Interesting new bridge design - Evertune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting new bridge design - Evertune

Saw this on my daily surf today. The concept is interesting I guess the proof will be how it behaves with bends and vibrato.

http://www.gizmag.com/evertune-bridg...in-tune/13781/
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Interesting! It's pretty ugly though.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I saw pics a few days ago. From underneath it doesn't look like it has a lot of mass. It could have the same tone ruining properties as Kahler trems did.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
        Interesting! It's pretty ugly though.
        It does look interesting, although IMO it's not bad looking. Maybe in black it'd be better!:idea:
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The guitar looks smoking tho!

Comment

So, is this a fixed bridge or a trem?

Comment

I believe it is a fixed bridge, but the saddles (I think) move to mantain constant string tension.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                It does look interesting, although IMO it's not bad looking. Maybe in black it'd be better!:idea:
                Yep. I thought the same thing Ron.

Comment

Who the fuck has so many problems keeping a decent and decently set-up guitar in tune?

Holy batshit.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Who the fuck has so many problems keeping a decent and decently set-up guitar in tune?
                    Exactly - this bridge is the answer to a question nobody asked. It will only have a chance if it makes a notable difference, if it is simple and easy to install, set up, and imaintain, and if it is backed by someone big, as their website seems to imply.

It looks like a fixed bridge that uses all the springs and routing of a floating trem. If it offers anything less than "never tune your guitar again" functionality i don't think people will bother with a new and more complex system.

Still, most new technology is kind of interesting to watch out for .

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
                      Exactly - this bridge is the answer to a question nobody asked.

Comment

That's what I thought; a completely redundant device. Tuning a guitar with a fixed bridge doesn't take that many seconds in the first place.

Plus, imagine trying to do string bends with saddles that give to additional tension; it would be like doing it with a fully floating Floyd. Only worse.

Who comes up with stuff like this? Do they even play the guitar?

FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                          Do they even play the guitar?
                          Wel... Leo didn't play guitar either, and he did OK.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                            it would be like doing it with a fully floating Floyd.
                            Stupid question, aren't all (unmodified) Floyds fully floating? Or do you mean something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
                              Stupid question, aren't all (unmodified) Floyds fully floating? Or do you mean something else?
                              No, depending on the guitar, you can setup the guitar for the Floyd to be flush mounted to the face of the body. so you can dive only. I wouldn't consider that a modification like, say blocking the trem... which is still more like a setup option than a "modification" IMO.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X