No announcement yet.

Homemade Pedalboard: Anyone build one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Pedalboard: Anyone build one?

I'm thinking about it. Thoughts? Advice? Materials?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

I just built 2 yesterday. Just to use in my house, not planning on traveling with it. Cost me $9 for a 2'x2' piece of 1/2" plywood, 8' 1x2, some wood screws, and a can of cheap black paint. Cut the plywood in 1/2 (1'x2'), screw a piece of 1x2" near the top edge to angle it toward you, paint black. It's plenty stiff, not weak feeling at all. The best deal I've seen for velcro (loop side) is on ebay. 4" wide roll over 10' long for $19.99 shipped. It comes with 3' of hook side for the pedals as well. Search "velcro pedalboard". That's enough to cover almost 2 boards and the boards are big enough for 6 EH clone theory size pedals and a volume/wah. I picked up a godlyke power-all basic to power all my pedals for $30 shipped. Hope it helps.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I used this guy's plan:
      http://www.masht.com/guitars/pedalboard/pedalboard.htm

I reversed the design to put the wah on the right. Went down the hardware store & bought a sheet of MDF, a rattle can of black paint, some rubber feet, a velcro pack and a box of MDF screws. It came together a treat! The raised platform makes accessing the pedals in the back row a breeze & you can store your power supply underneath. I gigged with it for quite a while although I'm not using it anymore
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I built this last winter. Still need to clean up the cabling and get some handles, though.

Comment

heres one i did and sold a while ago. pergo face and wood sides angled with a power surge strip underneath.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160375546765
          DK2 EERIE DESS
          KE3 CUSTOM
          KELLY PROFESSIONAL
          KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
          RR3 PRO
          BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
          KRAMER VOYAGER
          LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
          TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Although it sits in a purchased flightcase, the board itself here is home made.

Comment

It's called a GORM board. There are many different sizes, and this is how you do it.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2271963

so easy.

Comment

Use the Search function and look under the Amps/Effects section. There's a couple good threads there about this. I think one that I started even.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                X