important!!possible rip-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• important!!possible rip-off

OK, ive mentioned in a few other threads I ordered a jackson guitar locally that was supposed to take one week to get here,fender officially announced the purchasing of jackson a few days later and my guitar had yet to be shipped. The guy at the store said it would be a short delay then about a month later said they were shipping guitars out and finally, recently told me that it wouldn't ship out till the end of january. I decided I wanted to cancel the order and get one from matt so I went in and told him I found a guitar for 400 dollars cheaper and i would like to cancel the order and he told me it was to late for them to back out of the deal with the company. I'm wondering if it actually is to late or he just wants my money and is there anyway I can get in contact with someone at jackson/fender to find out for sure.

Re: important!!possible rip-off

The dealer can't back out of it, but that doesn't mean YOU can't. You are under no obligation to buy anything ever. You did not sign a contract stating you would buy it. If you put down a deposit for a USA or a Custom Shop, you will not get it back if the guitar began production already. If you ordered an import, you shouldn't have had to put down a deposit (unless there was something like a special order fee). In either case, at worst, you're only out your deposit.

Comment

well it was a usa and i did put down a deposit....so i take it im screwed

Comment

not to mention they required a full deposit...oh well I'm gettin a ****in badass guitar either way, I can't really complain too much. Just kinda pissed at being out of 400 bucks.

Comment

If it were me, I'd tell em to put the fukkin money on the table! It's not your fault it's so damn late! If it's all due to the takeover then their problem is with Fender. It's not like you didnt give it time. I know its easy for me to sit here and say "Why I would..."! But it get under my skin how poorly people treat their customers. Never assume you are screwed. Put it this way..If you signed an agreement then it should have stated when you would get it therefore right now they failed to uphold their end of it. I doubt that happened so its simple...They have your money and you have no product! Service not rendered! Go chew em out!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

my friends dad was said I could press charges but the thing is it was gonna originally take 6-8 months so in a sense it's early, when i switched from trans-black to trans-green it got changed to one week

Comment

wow tyrant, almost the exact same thing happened to me. I ordered a black pearl y2kv from a local store and they told me it would take 2 weeks to get here, i gave them a 1 grand down payment. They call me up a few days later and told me that it got delayed and wouldnt get here for 6 months.

I was searching the net and found the same guitar but in black ghost flames and it was also alot cheaper. So I went back to my local shop and asked for my money back. They said they understand and that they would send me a money order in the mail refunding my down payment from thier main store in amarillo. They said this would take about a week, but it ended up taking more like a month. I did get my money back though

As long as you didnt sign a contract they cant hold you liable, if worse comes to worse get a lawyer.

Comment

As long as you didn't sign a receipt that says nonrefundable deposit,you should be able to retrieve a refund of your deposit regardless of the circumstances. NOTE; Most stores that sell custom order instruments will require a 50% deposit at the time you order your guitar so to ensure both parties are in full agreement. And anybody who is in the know understands almost nobody will deliver a custom order within 6 months.A reputable store will make this very clear, for future reference everybody should be wary of any store that says they can get you a guitar within 90 days from the order,and demand a large deposit.

Comment

anyone know a way I could get ahold of the factory? If it's not shipping out till end of january I don't see why he can't get on the phone and say "hey, cancel that order"...this is the reason I'm suspicious.

Comment

Here ya go I think this number is still good 1- (909)390-8994. I have always done well talking to the factory. Just be nice and sincere,and they should be able to give you the heads up on your order. Good Luck.

Comment

Be paitent grass hopper. Good things come to those that wait. Here's a senario for ya. You as a major company purchase another larger company. You have to move the aqusitioned companies assets and what not to your location. Inform yor dealers and the public of the purchase. Make a game plan for the coming years production already set and promised to dealers. start work on new lies and models and a new game plan for the following year. Hire new staff or redirect staff to handle the new line of product. Deal with payroll issue, move and set up equipment to handle the new production line and speed up current production to help make the customers happy. Put up a new website, learn the product, get your self involved in more and more every day in the new product plus keep our self abreast of the current line of products of you own company. And be prpaired and ready to officailly take over the new company by Jan 1st of the next year. All this and more in a matter of 3 months. Three months is the equivalent of a new job probation period with most companies. Just relax. We know you're anxious. The guitar will be worth it. Once you get the guitar it wont seem as bad. Again just relax and be patient. It will come. I as an employee of a Jackson dealer; I see what it is your going thru every day. My store is running low on the cool Jacksons/ yeah we have plenty of the JS1 and DXMGs but only two USA and one SL3. We need more stock, But i know it will come and we can order things and get them. Fender is a reliable company and knows what they're doing. there's jut a few more added factors involved.
                      Gil

Comment

Yoooou slay me!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

start work on new "lies" and models and a new game plan for the following year.

I know what you meant Gil, it just turned out Toooo funny!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry couldn't resist.

Karl.

Comment

I ordered an Sl2H in Black about 4 months ago and when I ordered it, the salesman told me it would take up to a year and a half, I was not shocked because I know it it could possibly take that long due to first come first served. In reality, it probably won`t take that long, but the salesman is also very smart in saying that it could, I understood the terms. In your case, the salesman was misleading and they should give you your money back and they can put the guitar when it comes in on their wall and sell it, even if they sell it to break even, they lose nothing and may even keep you as a customer [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Are these total custom made instruments that you are waiting for? If not you guys are crazy to pay up front and wait months for a stock guitar. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

If you put the down payment on a credit card you could disput the charge with your credit card company. They will look into it, and if they think you are getting screwed they will get the money back for you.But it can take 4-6 weeks.
                              www.kiddhavok.com
                              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                              X