Floyd Rose Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Problem

Hi guys I'd appreciate any advice on this, on about half of my guitars with german made floyd's there is some very slight play in the bar even when the collar is completely tightened. I think it must be the washers but I'm not certain. Does anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

Thanks

Had this on a brand new German Floyd. I ended up buying a new bar and installing the whole thing.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

My OFR is like that too, some bars are just tighter than the others, if you play it like Reb Beach and need it super snug I would suggest another bar...
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Home Depot sells an o-ring in the plumbing section that is large enough to fit over the base of the threads where the bar screws into holder. This o-ring should keep it from moving around.

Comment

This seems to vary from guitar to guitar. I have gotten them brand new that you had to really force them into the hole. Theres some that are really loose and have play. Allparts has replacements for these for like 14 bucks.
          http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Originally posted by chimaira View Post
            This seems to vary from guitar to guitar. I have gotten them brand new that you had to really force them into the hole. Theres some that are really loose and have play. Allparts has replacements for these for like 14 bucks.
            Walk, no RUN, away from the Allparts bars. They are licensed, clunky junk. Get the Schaller-made ones from Stew Mac.

Comment

Wrap some teflon tape on it and stick it back in.
              That issue never bothered me at all.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X