adjusting pickup height....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting pickup height....

how do i adjust pickup height in my jackson USA DK1 (HSS), i know it seems a stupid question but when i tried loosening the pickup´s screws to bring it down, as with all my other guitars, only the covers were loosened! the pickups did not move! (the singles i mean, not the HB), they seem to be screwed to the body.

The singles should work the opposite of the humbucker. Tighten down on the screws to lower them.

The way it works is that the pickup is suspended in the cavity by either springs or surgical tubing around the screws, or sometimes with some foam rubber under the pickup. Loosening the screws lets the springs, tubing, or foam expand to raise the pickup (to some degree, anyway). Tightening the screws presses down against the springs or foam to lower it. This system can be a pain sometimes, and I've often had to add my own foam under them to get them up to the height I want (weather strip foam works great), or take everything out when I want a middle pickup all the way down and out of my way.
    Last edited by dg; 12-29-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X