Blackout installation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout installation help

I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff. I have an RR3 with 2 tones, 1 volume and I'm installing blackouts.

I have 2 problems:
    1) The new pots are too long and dont fit through the holes in the pick guard. Could I have the wrong pots with the pickups? The diagram states that long shaft pots are available, but the ones in the box are already too long.

2) The diagram shows the 9volt ground to the output jack, but the wire is WAY too short. Can I ground the battery to the ground under the bridge pu that was ground to the bridge pot (not shown on the new diagram)?

Thanks for any and all comments!
    -brian

1. Are pot shafts to big in diameter for the holes in the pickguard? If so drill out the hole alittle, its just a pickguard. I don't understand how there to long, to fit in a hole.

2. The battery ground needs to go to the jack, it disconnects the battery when you remove the cable. This saves battery life, otherwise wiring the battery ground directly will not allow anyway of disconnect from the battery. This is why they include a stereo jack with the pups. If the wire is to short, solder in an extension piece of wire to get all the way up to the jack.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Are these shafts the same size as EMG pots or bigger? I recently did a comparison between EMG's and BO's, and am considering the upgrade myself, only my guitar is a WR1 and I don't fancy fucking up the trans paintwork.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The pots are too long about (4 or 5 threads) and will extend the knob pretty far above the pick guard if I seat them all the way up. I guess I could use a nut to adjust the height?

Thanks for the help!!!
        -brian

Comment

As long as they don't stop the battery from fitting. I think someone else here fitted BO's in his RR3. Hopefully, he'll chime in.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Bataga View Post
            The pots are too long about (4 or 5 threads) and will extend the knob pretty far above the pick guard if I seat them all the way up. I guess I could use a nut to adjust the height?

Thanks for the help!!!
            -brian
            Yea, just find a nut that is the same thread, perhap the original pots. my be of value here, and put one on the inside of the pickguard. Or use some washers and stack them up until your satisfied.

Comment

BTW, this is why I alway keep pots. and misc. hardware. Comes in handy when you need a nut or washer, etc.

Comment

Will do, I kept all orignal parts for that reason also! Thanks very much for the help!!
                -brian

Comment

Working...
                X