Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push/Pull pot on DK2

Hi there guys

So here's the deal. I have a Jackson DK2 MIJ, with an H-S-S config and one volume knob and one tone knob. Just got myself a 500k push/pull pot from GC.

What I want to do is to replace the tone pot with the push/pull pot, and whenever I pull it, I want the neck pickup to be activated, in order that if I want so, I can have the neck and bridge pickup on, or all the pickups on at the same time. Of course I want it to work as a tone knob.

I know basic electronics and soldering, and i was wondering if anyone out there has done this or if there is a diagram available, hoping there was something to do before making the decision of taking her to a guitar tech ($$$).

Thanks!!
    "You deserve what you dream"

I just made the most awesome wiring diagram:

You just need to add the green wires.
    Last edited by max; 12-29-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks max! ill give it a try, lets hope i dont blow it up

Comment

Just one thing, i notice that the pickups, beside being connected to the 5-way switch, they are also connected to the tone pot, in the same place as the capacitor, and there is another wire that goes from the top of the tone pot to the top of the volume pot. What do I do with them, I solder them the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by bobafer View Post
          Just one thing, i notice that the pickups, beside being connected to the 5-way switch, they are also connected to the tone pot, in the same place as the capacitor, and there is another wire that goes from the top of the tone pot to the top of the volume pot. What do I do with them, I solder them the same way?
          Wires that are soldered to the top (the housing) of the pot are ground. Reconnect everything as it was and it should work fine.

Comment

Ohhh get it! Thanks max

Comment

Working...
            X