No announcement yet.

Open String buzz is driving me crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open String buzz is driving me crazy!!!

Hi all! I got a pretty neat Christmas present this year: A Charvel 1A. One problem,though, The open strings are buzzing like crazy even with a new set of strings on. I've also noticed that the saddles are raised REALLY high on the bridge. ANY ideas,folks? The neck looks pretty straight so I don't really think the truss rod needs adjustment,BUT...I've been wrong before!
    Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Toss a capo on the first fret of the low string - then fret it at the 12th fret and hold it. Should be about 1/16" clearance at the midway point to the bottom of the string. If that checks - take the neck off. There may be some sort of shim that's screwin' with yer action.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Is it only buzzing on open strings? Does the buzzing stop when you press down at the first fret? If so your nut slots may be too deep.
      If it is buzzing when fretted as well you will likely need to add a bit of relief.

Comment

yea i agree with spider, if its only buzzing with open strings then its most likely the nut .

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! I tried the capo......buzz city! did some measurements, the slots in the nut are worn down to the exact height of the fret wire(This puppy needs a re-fret as well! ) Looks like I'm going to contact Graph Tech in the morning to get a new one! Thanks Again!!!

Comment

Working...
          X