Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funky Schon Pickup Layout, anybody know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Schon Pickup Layout, anybody know how?

spotted this guitar on ebay today. Looks like there are two SEPARATE single coils wired up as a bridge humbucker. Anybody know how to do this?
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
    spotted this guitar on ebay today. Looks like there are two SEPARATE single coils wired up as a bridge humbucker. Anybody know how to do this?
    Should be pretty straightforward. One will need to be RWRP otherwise it won't cancel hum. You'd just need to wire the two in series with each other. This page should help explain:

http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/serpar.html

Comment

Ask Newc...I think he wired one up one that looks like H/S/H, but it's actually 5 single coils.

Comment

I tried to do it once, and it didn't really work. It was on my first squier guitar and I felt that the single coils were too weak for the metal I was playing. I was flat broke. I saw van halens guitar and it gave me the idea to make my own humbucker out of 2 of the single coils on my guitar. I cut the pickguard up with an exacto knife to fit the new "humbucker" then later on I scallopwned it. I was mean to that guitar.
        Last edited by Grahf; 03-21-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
          ... scallopwned...
          Nice. Intentional?
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
          X