Jack socket problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack socket problem

I had to really force a 1/4" jack cable into the socket of my second WR1 since I've had the pickups changed back to passives. I'm wondering if the shop has knackered the socket or one of the prongs. Is this common? Because I don't have this issue with my main WR1.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

You need a shop to look at a jack?

Ahem.

OMFG.
    RSmacker, I need your verbiage here, I've run out of words.
    My head hurts.

Comment

Have you looked inside the control cavity yet? I would try loosening the nut holding the jack on and moving the jack inside the cavity before taking it back to the shop. It probably shifted when it was being tightened. It might take a minute to adjust it properly…

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
        You need a shop to look at a jack?

Ahem.

OMFG.
        RSmacker, I need your verbiage here, I've run out of words.
        My head hurts.
        Wrong. I had them remove the EMG's and put the Seymour Duncans back in.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

They'll probably have changed the socket from a stereo one to mono when they took out the active circuit, and sounds like it's a tighter socket which can be a problem with some brands of jack plug. Change it or take it back.

Comment

Agreed that they probably replaced it, but still try what Tommie suggested. Sometimes just rotating it a little gives the clearance you need for it to work right.

Comment

Is it the open style where you could tweak the tabs or the closed barrel style?
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Agreed that they probably replaced it, but still try what Tommie suggested. Sometimes just rotating it a little gives the clearance you need for it to work right.
                I agree with the rotation idea, I have found with some guitars that in a particular orientation the jack touches the side of the cavity and makes inserting the cable almost impossible. Worth a try first.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                  I agree with the rotation idea, I have found with some guitars that in a particular orientation the jack touches the side of the cavity and makes inserting the cable almost impossible. Worth a try first.
                  Thanks, I'll give that a go.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Just take the fucker out and have a look.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Why would the stereo jack need to be changed anyway? It works for passive pickups just as well as active.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                        Just take the fucker out and have a look.
                        Ah, the "keep it simple" approach. Like it!

Comment

Working...
                        X