dinky to warrior neck swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinky to warrior neck swap

I searched other posts a bit and i don't think this will be a problem. I have an import dinky that i dont play much but has a way better feeling neck than the import warrior i play all the time. The dinky was bought last year and the warrior was bought around 2000. I found a post that said all import neck joints are the same. Is this still true if the guitars were made that far apart? thanks

I really don't know but it might not make a difference as long as they were both made in the same country... I only say this because I tried swapping my neck from my Kelly and my PS2 and the Kelly neck simply wouldn't fit without a little modification. They were made in different countries... one in Japan, and the other in Korea I think....
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

i guess ill have to figure it out when i do it. both stickers are scratched off the bases of the necks.

Comment

I thought as long as they're both floyded or both stringthru aswell as from the same year, they should be compatible.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I did too, and you probably saw that in a post I made, however I tried to put a recent (2007/8) DKMG neck on a 2003 WRXT body but the neck pocket was too narrow. I've never had a problem putting a DK neck on a WR body until then (even have a DK2M neck on a WRMG body, but both are recent).

I've also had a DK2M neck on an older WRMG (the HZ/Afterburner model), but not sure what year that's from as it's been a few years.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had a good feeling about it so i did the neck swap last night and today. Every thing went perfectly. My Warrior was from 2002 and had a KE3 neck. THe dinky Was from 06. I didnt even have to set the trem on the Warrior after. And it looks better IMO with a reverse headstock. The only thing left is a truss rod adjustment. That aside it already plays much better. Thanks for the help. I took pics but it says I'm not allowed to post them.

Comment

You can't upload them to the board, that's all. You have to find a host that allows you to directly link the picture and post that link here.

You might be able to put it in the Gallery though.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X