Wiring Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Confusion

I'm replacing the pickups in one of my Dominions. Rather than draw up my own diagram from my other Dominion, I checked here for an easy to follow diagram; however, this diagram differs very much from the layout in the Dominion. It appears to be the link for the same layout I'm shooting for (with separate mini toggles), but in the description it says with push/pull pots.

Could this give the same results in a much simpler diagram? I swear when I looked at the site the other day it was closer to the Dominion's wiring, but I don't know why they would have changed it. :think:

If I need to, I'll make my own diagram from the other guitar--that's not an issue--I was just wondering if there was another way to get the same result.

Wiring should be for 2 humbuckers, 2 volume, 2 tone, 2 mini toggles for coil tap, 3-way toggle.
    Last edited by 6string40; 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM.

If i understand you correctly the wiring for two push pulls would be exactly the same as having two independent mini toggles with the only difference being you wire what would be on the pushpull pots to the mini toggles instead. As for a "simpler" diagram im not sure what you're after. There's really only one way to wire up this setup and any diagram that looks simpler would be in the layout of the diagram and nothing else.

What pickups did you end up buying?
    THIS IS MY POST
    Thanks for reading

Comment

Breeds.

You partially answered my question. I believe you confirmed that (a) it would be the same no matter if you used 2 push/pull pots or 2 mini toggles and (b) that there would not be more than one way to wire the controls for the same desired effect.

I'm not looking for anything simpler. My issue is the web diagram is not even close to the same wiring schematic as the guitar itself. My gut said there would not be more than one way to wire up the same effect, so I'm not sure what this web diagram does--maybe they have it mapped/labeled incorrectly?

I know what the Dominion's controls do, so, this leaves a 3rd question...what does the linked diagram actually do if it does not coil tap each humbucker in a 2 volume, 2 tone, 2 toggle, 3-way switch configuration?

Comment

Working...
      X