Short tremolo arm for Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short tremolo arm for Floyd Rose

I just got a short tremolo arm for a strat tremolo and I like it a lot -> http://www.callahamguitars.com/partsstr.htm

I wonder if anybody has come across something like this for a floyd rose system?

You can just take a normal floyd arm and have it cut down. This had been made to one of my Charvels when I bought it; the arm had been shortened, and rounded off into a nice, smooth end). It looks like it had also been stained or painted back to black after the procedure, but that has since worn off.

My trem arm is about an inch shorter than normal, and it makes the trem feel a lot stiffer. I also find it easier to tuck the shorter bar into my picking hand.

All things considered, I think I still prefer a full length Floyd arm, but the shortie does have its advantages, and its own distinct feel.

Comment

Heh was thinking "Gilmour Style" reading this thread and that's exactly what that link calls the short arm. I wanted to cut one down and just never got around to it. Now I see you can get one cut already.

Nice for vibrato rather than divebombs. Bookmarked, maybe I'll grab one for my strat some time.

Comment

Working...
      X