Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzz Feiten tuning system...... was it a fad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Feiten tuning system...... was it a fad???

So I dont hear too much about this buzz feiten tuning systme these days..... was it a fad?? I dont see alot of mfgrs using it. I remember it was all the rage about 5-7 years ago. it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I never got it done to any of my guitars though. anyone got any opinions on it these days???
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Fad. I never noticed any difference.

Comment

I think washburn still uses it and esp uses it but calls it something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        I think washburn still uses it and esp uses it but calls it something else.
        I think ESP is using the earvana compensated nut, which I will definately try as soon as they release the compensated locking nut:

http://www.earvana.com/floydrose.htm

I think the Buzz Feiten "system" lost some of its appeal after it became apparent that its basically just a way of intonating and tuning your guitar.

Comment

I still think its a fad personally. I mean all you heard was buzz buzz buzz, and after a while.......nothing.......I havent heard it in a long time. I remember that washburn used it, but for krissakes, back when it came out you would swear it was a necessity and your guitar would fucking blow up if you didnt have it the way people talked about it. its like everything non fieten was just useless and substandard. OK....so ONE freakin company uses it, and nobody else does?? well, it cant be all that then if no other guitar companies use it. its just funny how people react. I mean when it came out, it was like it was heaven sent and the most innovative thing of our time. now nobody even talks about it.

just another flavor of the week. typical BS, people buy it hook line and sinker, and everyone goes ga ga, and then its over.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Fad. I never noticed any difference.
            thanks for the reply.

I remember reading some other stuff where people said it never made any difference. interesting to read real world opinions on it rather than hoopla BS in guitar mags and shit on message boards of peopel that never tried it but are saying its the best thing since cable TV. people crack me up.

Comment

yes

benefits cannot possibly negate the ill effects of finger pressure in terms of sharp/flat situation.

all these kinda things are fads

but they make money

and have fans

rabid ones even

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Rabid tuning fans. the worst kind.

Comment

One of the big problems with it is that only 2 tuners were capable of setting the intonations. one is around $80 the other $300.

Comment

Had it on the Washburn X50 I bought (then sold) on the bay. When I got it delivered and read the back of the headstock where it says it is equipped with the Buzz F tuning syste., I was like "Holy SHIT!!! this thing has the Buzz Feiten tuning system!!!! Fukkin YES!!!"
                    Then after about 3 months of playing it, it went into its case, sat under the bed for another 5 months, then out the door it went for some cash in my hand.

In short...wasn't impressed with it. The guitar tuned like regular and went out of tune like a regular guitar will.

I think it is a bunch of malarky.
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      One of the big problems with it is that only 2 tuners were capable of setting the intonations. one is around $80 the other $300.
                      Actually, the Peterson Stroboflip is $200 and it supports Feiten tuning.

Comment

so its all smoke and mirrors then.

Comment

You fuckers got it ALL wrong! I'm playing my Buzz Feiten/Speedloader equipped guitar, retrofitted with a MIDI pickup and robot tuners, with an EBow right now!!

Comment

oh yea? well your system SUCKS if it isnt lemon oil based.

Comment

Actually, the Peterson Stroboflip is $200 and it supports Feiten tuning.
                              Ok, that's the other one I was thinking of besides the korg dt-7. Still big bucks for a tuner.

Comment

Working...
                              X