Les Paul (Tokai) projec Q...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul (Tokai) projec Q...

I have this Tokai Love Rock that I don't play much, due to its weight, so I thought since its no collector, I should modify it to be as close to the 'LP that I always wanted', as I can. (Its winter and I'm bored)

The guitar plays better than any "real" LPs I have picked up in a long time...The tone isn't anything to get hot about, so...this is what I was thinking of doing...

Remove the top and chamber the heavy as hell body.

Re top it with the same top or another one. (if I must)

Then I want to re bind it to keep the "standard" look alive.

I has a set maple neck that feels very sturdy...So...

Would it be possible to re shape it as with the Les Paul Axcess? Or does Gibson join the neck to the body differently with these?

Does this sound achievable? and where would I find the information to do this?

I have googled "Arch top removal" and "Re binding" but found nothing.
    Last edited by sevser; 12-18-2009, 09:13 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

I take it the Axcess has something to make it easier to reach the higher frets?

You should have plenty of wood to work with since you should only have to slope the back from about the middle of the neck heel to the front. I can't see cutting 1/2" of wood right at the heel being a good idea, though.

Tops are generally thin, and removing it might involve damaging the top to do it, which means replacement.

Re-binding is the same as binding, but skipping the "route for the binding" step since that's been done already.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X