Jackson website...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson website...

This has probably been said before, but am I the only one who thinks the new jackson website looks pretty rediculous? I could even look past skull and crossbones motif, but the simulated scotch tape and photo(s) made to look like posters on the front page seems kind of cheesy.

I would expect something like that from Ibanez, but not Jackson. It looks like the webpage's target audience is 12 year olds. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson website...

it looks NU

Comment

It serves the purpose for now... the interface is certainly better than the last one. But I definitely see what you mean.

Comment

That's probably because it is. It's targeted towards the same people that are buying Ibanez and ESP. Someone at Fender has half a brain and understands that you can't only sell guitars to middle-aged white guys who have nothing better to do than reminisce about the good old days (not that there's anything wrong with being a middle aged white guy that reminisces about the goold old days. I think they buy 90% of the USA's. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). In order to bring new players to the Jackson camp, you have to do something to catch their eye. Big hair is not the way.

Unless it's Briana Banks' hair.

That sounded kinda wrong...

Comment

I think your right Black Mariah! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmmm.... well, the picture of the guy from Jet Black is kinda silly, but it's metal-ish and I suppose that's what they're goin'for. As for the pics of the guitars and the layout and all, I really like it. It loads faster than the old site and it's a bit fresher. (is fresher a word?)

I really dig how you can get those HUGE close-ups of the guitars. That's pretty cool, something I didn't see on the old site.

my $.02

Annah

http://home.austin.rr.com/annah

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Annah. The site looks better to me with all the specs and the close-ups.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I kinda like it. It might bring some new folk.
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

It looks like the webpage's target audience is 12 year olds
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean as opposed to looking like it was DESIGNED by a 12 year old [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe they could get some tips here
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

the layout of the new site is nice i think. However they dont have any of the prices listed anymore which is a real pain.

Comment

ridiculous

with an "i"

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I prefer the new site to the old site. It's much faster, looks better, and is easier to navigate IMO.

Comment

VitaminG: The guy that designed the website also designed the guitars, handled the artist relations, did all of the Photoshop/Flash/Illustrator type stuff, made all the ads, did the catalogs, and basically kept the whole place from falling apart. I think making the site pretty wasn't too high on the agenda. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I know, BM. I understand just how incredibly busy Kevin was. But the old site was hardly state-of-the-art. It had a real "backyard operation" feel to it, which was sort of cool, in DIY kind of way. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The new site has a much more professional appearance, as you'd expect from a major guitar manufacturer. I don't think they need to outdo any of the other guitar marques with their website, but it should at least look professional. You want to attract new business, you hand someone a business card, not a napkin with your name and number scrawled on it in crayon
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                              You want to attract new business, you hand someone a business card, not a napkin with your name and number scrawled on it in crayon
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HA HA Gary

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X