X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret raising off the fretboard?

Hi fellow JCF'ers

I have an issue with my RR1T.

The end of the 21st fret has lifted a bit up from the fretboard, resulting in the high e string sounding the same on frets 19 and 20 sounding the same note as 21. is it possible to fix this issue without replacing the fret?

Cheers!
    Guitars:
    Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
    Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
    Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
    BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
    ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

a wooden mallet should fix her up just fine.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

If it were mine I might try some glue and a clamp. They sell a special clamp like vice grips for fretting guitars at Stew Mac.

Comment

Yep, glue and a clamp. You might end up with glue on your fingerboard, but a little acetone will take that right off. And eat your binding, too, so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          If it were mine I might try some glue and a clamp. They sell a special clamp like vice grips for fretting guitars at Stew Mac.
          ... but you won't be able to use it way up at the top of the neck, 'cos the body is in the way. Make sure it isn't gummed with crud underneath and flow some thin cyano glue carefully under it, then tap it down if it'll stay, otherwise try and clamp it using a big clamp.

Comment

It is probably raising because the fret "tang" has to be cut to allow the fret to go over the binding. Like everyone has stated, regular super glue will work. You will need to be careful and use it sparingly and ensure it gets under the fret. You will need to push down on the fret for about 5 mintues for the glue to cure. For one fret, I would use a wooden dowel and push down on the fret for 5 minutes while it cures.

Comment

...and don't superglue your fingers to the fretboard.
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
              X