your opinion needed for bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion needed for bridge

ok, so i'm doing my project guitar which has a jt-500 in it. is the the jt-580 that much a better bridge that i should retro-fit it in the guitar or should i buy a new baseplate for the the 500 unit and bring it back new(wish i could find a jt-590 plate but no luck and the floyd II's are so old they scare me) is it worth the trouble ? i guess if i do swap i just have to carefully route a little room for the angled rear section of the baseplate compared to the square backed 500, right.(is that all thats needed). but in all of your opinions does it make that much of a difference and for the money spent. does the 580 versus the 500 help on resale if i ever decided to sell? sorry a lot of questions here but help me if ya'll can.
    DK2 EERIE DESS
    KE3 CUSTOM
    KELLY PROFESSIONAL
    KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
    RR3 PRO
    BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
    KRAMER VOYAGER
    LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
    TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Honestly, I'd get either a new Schaller-branded Floyd (with the shorter saddle lock screws - commonly known as the JT-590), or see if I could find a used JT-590 in great shape.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok 53 views and only 1 opinion , come on, help me.
      DK2 EERIE DESS
      KE3 CUSTOM
      KELLY PROFESSIONAL
      KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
      RR3 PRO
      BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
      KRAMER VOYAGER
      TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

I've only owned guitars with JT-580's and OFR's. I prefer the latter, naturally.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

the new Gotoh. hands down best trem out there right now.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have 3 jacksons and one has the JT500 one has the JT580 Takeuchi and one has the JT580LP. I don't do alot of whammy bar work but I do use it. Have had good luck with all of them. If you were to use the bar alot and violently I would replace with an upgraded OFR or equal. Just my opinion.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

If it stays in tune, I'd just wear it out first before replacing it. Which may take a long, long time...

Comment

i actually found a couple of schallers to bid on flea-bay. see what happens.
                DK2 EERIE DESS
                KE3 CUSTOM
                KELLY PROFESSIONAL
                KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
                RR3 PRO
                BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
                KRAMER VOYAGER
                TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Working...
                X