Temporarily Block my OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporarily Block my OFR

It's becoming a problem because when I do a double string bend, the other string dips tuning. Is there any non-invasive (no drilling) way to block the Floyd Rose in my SL2H that is easily reversible and keeps tuning and intonation the same?
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

you can try this.....

measure the distance between your floyd block and the "wall" of the guitar in the trem cavities. Then find a chunk of metal to stuff in there. I did this once and it worked great. the one thing you can do is rub a little Locktite on the side of the metal so it sticks to the Floyd block a bit. that way your sure it dont move but it will come off easily.

there may better methods out there, but this is the only one I can think of doing. I am certianly not well versed in blocking floyds, I use my floyds.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I have donre this 2 ways.

1. To lock the trem still.
      2. Allow the trem to still work in a forward motion (Dive Bomb)

Which are you trying to achieve?

EJ

Comment

Stuff something between the trem block and the wood on the string side and tighten the springs. Don't use the bar at all.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

One thing that a lot of players don't think of is that when you do a unison type bend, you can stabilize the trem by applying downward pressure with your picking hand. It takes a bit of practice, but once you master it you can bend away on a fully floating OFR guitar as if it were a hardtail. I do this all the time. That being said, blocking the trem has advantages too, like being able to do drop tunings on the fly. It's all good.

Comment

Get a Tremol-No and be done with it. I gave up on floating trems until this thing came out.

Comment

embrace the Floyd Rose. it is your friend. Floating trems rock.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                Get a Tremol-No and be done with it. I gave up on floating trems until this thing came out.
                +1
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

+2 just put one on my soloist best ~$50 ever spent. Now I can use one floyded guitar for a whole show to include drop d tuning between songs. You can even set it to divebomb only mode. I'm hoping to find someplace I can buy them in bulk
                  http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

+1 Tremol-No FTW. Will do everything you are asking for and more.

Comment

Recently, while installing a drop d tuna on one of my dinkys, I was putting a trem blocker on the string side of the body in the trem cavity. I added a fourth spring to my trem setup, with two being on either side and the center spring removed to make room for the the trem blocker. What I discovered was that the addition of the extra spring almost completely took away the tune dipping of other strings while bending. I was kind of surprised by this, but was a nice surprise.

It worked so well, I added another spring to my other dinky that does not have a drop d tuna or trem blocker. Seems to work well. It doesn't completely remove the dipping, but it's pretty close.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                      X