What pots to run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pots to run

Did up my Dinky HX as a custom job and have a dimarzio Tone Zone and HBFH goin in.

lookin for the petrucci esque sound.

Help me out!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

No idea how to get the Petrucci sound but I'd use 500K Audio Taper pots.

What control arrangement do you have? If you only have one pot a 250K might work well enough, i.e. in a 3 pot arrangement the signal always has to travel through 2 pots; therefore 2 500K pots will have the same treble 'bleed' as 1 250K.

Why audio taper? coz I like them. Linear works just as well. The choice is based on how you like the volume to bleed off when you rotate the pot.

With the humbuckers I'd use a 0.02microfarad (is the mu symbol on this board?) tone capacitor.

That's how I'd do it. But what we really need is a schematic of Petrucci guitar wiring. Tried Guitar Geek?

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
      Did up my Dinky HX as a custom job and have a dimarzio Tone Zone and HBFH goin in.

lookin for the petrucci esque sound.

Help me out!
      Eh, you might want to start by using the same pickups that he does and he doesn't use a Tone Zone or a Humbucker From Hell, at least not consistently. Dimarzio just came out with a new set of signature pickups for him. Check their site.

Comment

He has used an array of HBH TZ, Norton, and other randoms. The Tz and HbH was specifically from the awake CD or so I was told. We got past the wiring already sorry I never reposted lol.

It sounds spot on for erotomania which was the sound I was looking for

Whether they are the right pickups or not doesnt matter anymore
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X