Floyd rose pro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd rose pro question

I'm going to replace the bridge in my 2004 KE3.
    I hear the OFR is a direct swap in for the JT580 and the OFR Pro apparently has the same dimensions as the OFR, except that the string spacing is .400 inches as oppossed to .420 inches.

I know this may be a noob question (this is my first time bridge-swapping) but will the difference in string spacing change weather it will fit or not?
    I mean, will the strings sit correctly on the neck, or will there be a lot of left over space? Will they fit in the locking nut correctly?
    ...I'm so confused. :think:

it's not that big a deal 0.20 mm.

Comment

I think a couple people here have said you need to route out the guitar a little more because the Floyd Pro is a little larger in dimension than a regular Floyd.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I think a couple people here have said you need to route out the guitar a little more because the Floyd Pro is a little larger in dimension than a regular Floyd.
        This is true. You need a deep route under the FR Pro to accomodate the fine tuners. I once had a Pro on a regular routed body, but I needed to shim the neck to some crazy angle so to have the bridge way above the body for clearance. It ended up being twice as far away as a non-recessed trem and looked ridiculous and didn't play comfortably either.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

THe string spacing will be fine, but that´s by far the least of the problems...

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Yep, the FR PRO has a significantly larger footprint and needs a DEEEEEEP rout for fine tuner clearance.

It will NOT drop in to any traditional floyd rout without issues.

The Original Floyd Rose, Gotoh Floyd Rose or Ibeenhad Edge trems on the other hand ARE drop in replacements for a JT-850 or 580LP.

Comment

Working...
          X