Square Schaller or Gotoh style Knobs that fit Grovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square Schaller or Gotoh style Knobs that fit Grovers

Who's got a line on square-ish tuner buttons that will fit on Grover mini-rotomatics? I've searched and searched.

OK - the buttons from an old set of Gotoh tuners I have will fit on Grover stems. So I ordered a set of Gotoh replacement buttons (new) and they won't fit on the Grover stems. So...

Any ideas?

I want to replace these:

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Surprisingly, I wanted to do the same exact thing. Luckily I had alot of spare tuners and guitars laying around, so I decided to see if they would fit. Surprisingly, only ONE set of Jackson tuner heads I had fit on there properly. I noticed that the tolerances are different between most of the sets I have, Im guessing different tooling through the years.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm figuring - now if I could find an old set of gold Gotohs that fit I would be in business.
      Blank yo!

Comment

Thats the only thing I dont like about the production models... the grover tuners. They just feel and look cheap. Why they didnt stick with gotoh style is beyond me, considering theyre MIK and the bulk they buy em in probably costs like $3 a set!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't mind the Grovers at all - technically - they work fine for me. Especially with a Floyd - I spend, what? 4 minutes tuning the thing, then forget it until I change the strings.

The kidney beans just don't look right on a strat headstock.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Thats the only thing I dont like about the production models... the grover tuners. They just feel and look cheap.
            +1

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            The kidney beans just don't look right on a strat headstock.
            +1 again.

IMHO, the tuners are the weak link in the USA Production guitars. They just look wrong on a Charvel, not to mention they feel downright cheap with slack in their action. IMHO, the kidney bean tuner shape = Les Paul body style.

I'm sure they used the Grovers as a cost-cutter and to provide some way of differentiating USA Production necks from custom shop necks. Mind you, it's not that big a deal to keep me from buying them. But there had to be other better alternatives to meet the goals, like stamping the necks at the heel, using Gotohs (vs the Schallers, which are more typical on custom shop Charvels), etc.

If I could find a drop-in replacement for the Grovers, I'd do it.

Comment

I agree, I wish they'd used Gotohs. I find the Gotohs to be pretty good tuners, really, and, it's not like they don't have them!

I have some gold Schallers with the "45-degree" tabs that I won't use (the posts are too long) sitting in my "junk bin" Tony, is there any possibility they would work?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                I have some gold Schallers with the "45-degree" tabs that I won't use (the posts are too long) sitting in my "junk bin" Tony, is there any possibility they would work?
                They might - you got a ProMod neck laying around to match them up? Otherwise - shoot me a PM and we'll work something out - I can always find a use for them
                Blank yo!

Comment

PM sent... But if anyone knows yay or nay on Schaller M6 heads fitting Grover Mini Rotomatics that would really help...

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    PM sent... But if anyone knows yay or nay on Schaller M6 heads fitting Grover Mini Rotomatics that would really help...
                    Well duh this is real easy. Do you think they're the same tuners as on the Adrian Smith Jackson?
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Not sure what you are asking... is the question, if I think the Schallers I have are the same as the ones on the AS Jackson?

Those would be Gotohs. :think:

Comment

Yes, the Grovers were a miscue on Charvels part. It would not be that big of a deal if there were other buttons that would fit.
                        -Chris

Comment

You think they're Gotoh's on the Adrian Smith? I thought they were Schallers...
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Well, jacksonguitars.com thinks they're Gotoh's, but, what do those bitches know?

(I could be wrong, but I don't know of any Schallers on Jacksons outside of custom orders, and then, they're not Jackson-logo'ed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              You think they're Gotoh's on the Adrian Smith? I thought they were Schallers...
                              They're Gotohs. You can see them in the pics for this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Adrian-S...item518b99223c

Comment

Working...
                              X