Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith sig – Replacement Pick Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith sig – Replacement Pick Guard?

Hey all, my first post here, I have a Jackson Adrian Smith sig, put the pick guard has a crack in it, any idea's where I can get a replacement? I'm in England if that helps?
    Jackson Adrian Smith Sig - ENGL Thunder - Orange

I don't think anyone's got the pattern for these things. You might need to find a custom pickguard cutter and send them the original...

wd music will do a pickguard based on a drawing. check them out.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have emailed WD music, I may also call Fender in the morning, see if they can help. Thanks again!

Comment

See if you can get one that fits round the floyd better. that's the one thing that bugs me about mine...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          See if you can get one that fits round the floyd better. that's the one thing that bugs me about mine...
          It must be the black on white - it must make the gap look bigger. Mine looks fine.
          Blank yo!

Comment

May well be. It's not as bad in real life as it appears in photos, but it's still more than I'd like...

Comment

There is a slight gap, but I’m not to worried about it, this pic was taken before the pick guard became cracked. I wouldn't mind getting a white and black one, just in case my mood changes.

Comment

reliablefender on ebay has parted out Adrians on ebay before. He may do more in the future, so you can be on the lookout there as well. I know he had a white PG a few weeks ago went for about $40 or so.

BTW - nice axe - here's mine:

Blank yo!

Comment

Nice back drop for your axe! Thanks for you help.
                  Last edited by markymarc; 11-23-2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Won't a regular Strat pickguard work? Or is it like the Pro Mods, where it doesn't quite line up?

Comment

I'm not sure TBH. I think I may well have to go the custom route, fortunately I found someone in the UK, just waiting to hear back from them.
                      Last edited by markymarc; 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

The neck is 2 1/4 at the heel, so a regular pickguard is not going to be cut for that.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          Won't a regular Strat pickguard work?
                          Forgetting anything else, a regular strat guard won't be fitted correctly around the Floyd...

Comment

Oh man.

Regular Strat pickguard meaning, one cut for a Floyd, like a Warmoth. People have put these on SoCals...

So I guess my question was more like, I wonder if a Warmoth pickguard would fit the AS Sig better than it does a SoCal, but I suspect that the AS Sig pickguard is actually just like a SoCal pickguard (aside from the obvious PU and control differences.)

Comment

Warmoth's neck opening is Fender-spec, meaning it won't fit around a Charvel/Jackson neck heel. All the ones I got for my SoCals were Floyd-cut, and all of them had to have the neck opening expanded in all 3 directions (sides and depth).
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X