Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG's won't fit! Duncan Blackouts suitable substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's won't fit! Duncan Blackouts suitable substitute?

HTF did you fit yours? The 81/85's are 2mm too wide and 3mm too deep to fit in my WR1. Did you mod the pups or route the guitar itself? My tech is gonna phone SD on monday to get the measurements. Has anyone fitted SD BO's without having to do any routing? AND, will the standard AHB-1 BlackOuts accomodate an 18v mod?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

i had EMG's im my old WR1 and they went in no problem :think:

Comment

It's probably the corners more than the sides. Take a flathead screwdriver or a chisel and shave some of the wood out of the corners. I had to do that once when I put covered pickups in a guitar that came with uncovered pickups. Worked fine.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry, chiselling out my guitar is not an option. I was thinking of trying to shave the pickup rings.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You might also be able to trim a little bit off of the tabs on those 'buckers, too. I did just that on a Dimebucker I had installed on a Dean V a while back- the body routes for the pickup tabs were kinda shallow and I didn't wanna chisel out the guitar, so I went ahead and lightly trimmed the molded plastic tabs on the pickup until they could make their way in.

Of course, you might be in for some trouble if those tabs are made out of metal and NOT plastic.

Comment

Blackouts will be the same size as EMG's. As far as the 18 volt thing apparently it works, but make no discernable difference over the 9V operation. They use better electronics than the EMGs with more headroom anyways.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hmmm EMG's have fit fine in every Jackson I've ever tried them in. I've had issues with the rings, but never the guitar body itself. Thats really odd.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I've had problems fitting covers on my Seymour Duncans. The Schaller covers simply won't fit in any of my Jacksons, the problem being the edges. But I recently installed EMGs in one of them without any problems.

Comment

I should find out from the shop what's happening with this tommorow.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Sorry, chiselling out my guitar is not an option. I was thinking of trying to shave the pickup rings.
                    Is this the Trans Black WR-1 that's already had a refin?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My KV2 needed the corners of the pup routs opened up to fit the EMG's in. It was done before I bought the guitar, so I havent personally done it. However, I would do it myself if need be, its really no big deal.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Is this the Trans Black WR-1 that's already had a refin?
                        - and reverted back to it's original condition bar the hardware.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I decided to just let the shop do what they had to, and the EMG's are now in...
                          BTW, do Blackouts come with quick connect clips too? Just in case I decide to swap em.
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Yes, same as EMG's/
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

That's great news for me.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X