Buckethead mod idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckethead mod idea

So I am curious, I know nothing really about wiring, so i follow the diagrams when i put in new pickups and prey i get it right. So after looking at the buckethead signature guitar and seeing this http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...WITCH/-/1.html I am thinking I'd like to try this. How hard could this be to do as a kill switch? Seems pretty straight forward. just looks kind of intimidating.

ideas? suggestions?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

It only works if you wear a bucket of KFC on your head
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      It only works if you wear a bucket of KFC on your head
      You also have to go "Pew pew pew!" when you hit the fire butto... I mean, kill switch.

Comment

actually I wonder if there's a way to wire it to sound fx so when i pushed it it did the pew pew pew for me!! maybe add a second one to do explosions
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's easy to wire in a kill switch. Just take the wire that now goes from the tip of the output jack and attach it to the normally closed side of the switch. Attach a wire from the center post of the switch and run it to the tip of the output jack.

Here's a good page discussing this...

http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/killswitch.html

Make sure you kill the hot side and not the ground side however as that will cause hum as they mention in the article.
          Last edited by Hellbat; 11-20-2009, 05:12 PM.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X