Knobs and switches - Opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knobs and switches - Opinions..

The Model 6 project is ready for drilling knob and switch holes. It is HSS. I'm pretty sure I've made the decision on Duncans (Custom, Duckbucker, and Little '59, although dimarzio's keep popping up but that doesn't matter at this point). I want to keep options open but not ridiculous amount of knobs and switches. I don't want to go back to the original layout cause #1 - I want the f'ing volume knob that I always manage to turn down inadvertently out of the way of my picking hand, #2 - I'm not planning any active circuitry, and #3 - I don't want to have a separate on/off switch for each pickup like it was. But I don't want it to look like a normal dinky either. Here's what I'm thinking: 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way blade, maybe 3 mini switches for coil tap (if I can tap all 3 pups??)

Question:
    Can all 3 of these pups be coil tapped? Then I think the 3 mini's would be cool. If not, then probably just a bridge coil tap volume knob and maybe a phase inverter switch. Don't know anything about that yet but what the hell..
    Anyone got any other thoughts? Looking for more options than just vol, tone, and 5-way, but not ridiculous looking with tons of crap.
    Thanks
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Something like this maybe:
    Attached Files

Comment

You mean splitting, not tapping. And I vote for volume and a 5 way. Keep it simple.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

You're killing me!! I was thinking that first. Now that I made a slight design change (but I think huge difference in looks!!) I think that'll probably work, asthetically...

And oops... splitting.. (show off ^^ lol)
        Last edited by warlok; 11-18-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Seymour Duncan TripleShot for the bridge pickup - it'll do the split/series/parallel for you.
          Push pulls for splitting the singles (if you go with 4-conductor singles).
          5-way blade.

Simple appearance, but fully-functional switching.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Does anyone know if they make that triple shot the size of the older charvel size ring?

Comment

Time to shit or get off the pot!! Ready to drill/slot and still haven't decided what to use. I'm going for simplicity right now (agree with GT, thanks man), may do the Tripleshot later but don't need to decide that right now. I never use the tone knob on any guitar so I'm thinking instead of a 5-way blade, just do a volume knob and a rotary 5-way switch where the tone would go. Has anyone used one? Was it comfortable to use? awkward? any thoughts? I set the stuff in/on the guitar in the last few pics here. http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...xes/Model%206/
              Last edited by warlok; 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X