Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE2 Humbucker -- G-string awful sound

Hey,

So I recently scored a Jackson KE2 off of ebay, obtaining my first USA Jackson, jeaj! Unfortunately, there is some problem with it: when I put the pu switch in the middle (i.e. use both pickups), the sound of the G-string on the gain-channels of my amp is just awful. It sounds like it goes through an overdrive before it goes into the amp or something. It's only the G-string that sounds awful, and only under these conditions, so I can't really figure out what is causing it, therefore I thought I maybe could tap into some collective knowledge to figure this one out? .

Here is a sample of the sound (not ideally recorded, but should give an indication of the sound):
    http://fupb.be/export.wav

The same sequence (first couple of notes on the G-string, then on to the B-string to hear the difference) is played with
    1. Neck+Bridge pu
    2. Only neck pu
    3. Only bridge pu
    4. Clean

I already brought it to a luthier because I thought it just needed a set-up, but the set-up didn't fix it (and apparently the luthier didn't hear what I meant when I went back to him, which, together with the fact that he charged me €40 extra because he had troubles with the floyd rose, makes me doubt his abilities). Hopefully you guys hear the difference, our bass player definitely did when I showed it to him in person, so I definitely can't be imagining things! .

And just to be clear: this Jackson KE2 is ten years old and completely stock, so it has the SD SH2 and TB4 pus.
Working...
X