Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My parents fucking suck!

So, yesterday I started getting a sore throat and woke up with strep throat this morning. I've had it several times in middle school and once or twice in high school; I thought I was over this shit. I feel dizzy and sick as fuck. I asked my dad this morning if he could take me to the doctor, he said, "Stop being a hypochondriac, its all in your head." WTF! I'm coughing up blood and it's all in my head?

After being bed ridden most of the day, I asked again. I said, "they'll just give me some antibiotics or a shot. It'll be quick." He said, "Penicillan (?) doesn't work anymore, get over it by your self." Doesn't he know that Strep can kill? He couldn't be bothered to drive 5 fucking minutes to the doctor?

I guess I'll have to walk. I don't have any insurance, Medicaid or anything. Is the doctor going to charge me for the visit plus the prescription? I think the meds will cost around $40, but I definitely don't have enough coin for a doctor visit. I hardly ever get sick, so this sucks.

My lesson learned; family isn't worth a shit to me anymore.
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Blog Entries

Some people indeed rely heavily on antibiotics for the little things.
    I also believe it disables one's immune system after a while.
    Strep is not a little thing, it needs the treatment.
    George Washington died from a simple throat infection.

Show this to your Dad.
    I'm no Doc, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a few times!
    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 03-31-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Teach him a lesson, move out now and get your own place. Act now while he's still acting all self-centered.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Damn, dude, I hope you get better!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Sucks dude. Don't act the same way with your kids. Feel better.

Are you mad you can't get a ride or that they won't pay?

How old are you? You should be insured under your parents plan if they have health insurance. I checked into this a while back becasue my son turned 18 in June, dependants are covered until age 26 under my insurance.

You have to go, infections typically don't go away on their own
    shawnlutz.com

Sorry to hear that your parents suck.

Call an ambulance, have the medics examine your throat, and show them you've been coughing up blood, and that dad says to suck it up and be a man. See what a certified EMT says about it.
    Or head out on foot. Either they'll pull their heads out of their asses and drive you, or they won't. Maybe you'll meet a good samaritan along the way who'll get you to the hospital.

You could also die from it, that'd show 'em :poke

Seriously, though, I'd certainly make them aware of how disappointed you are with them.
    That's just fucking ghey on their part. Dirty rotten cunts.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Some people indeed rely heavily on antibiotics for the little things.
    I also believe it disables one's immune system after a while
    Not really, but after enough times, you become immune to antibiotics
    which means trouble when the time comes that that stuff really was the only thing that can save your life
    It doesn't have to look pretty, it only has to work,... just like me!

It's unfortunate that you are sick and I can't tell if you are joking about your parents or not....but if your parents suck so much, do they charge you do live in their house and eat food or is that free?

If you are that serious, get on a bus or walk and go to the nearest hospital....they are not allowed to turn anyone away and they will send a bill in the mail.

I paid for a custom title

I'm gonna bust your balls a bit here. I'm going to assume you were born in 1989 by your screen name. That leads me to believe you're either 23 or 24 years old.

How is this your parents' fault? You're older than I am. Quit fucking crying about how unfair your parents are and go be an adult. If I told my mom any of your first post she would slap the pussy-boy right out of me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbat View Post
    Not really, but after enough times, you become immune to antibiotics
    which means trouble when the time comes that that stuff really was the only thing that can save your life
    Affirmative.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden89 View Post
    WTF! Its reigning blood and it's all in my head?

Doesn't he know that Strep can kill?
    Last log in 4/1 at 7:20,guess he showed them and went ahead and died just to prove a point....
    Well, the traffic was murder, you know. One of those manure spreaders jackknifed on the Santa Ana. Godawful mess. You should see my shoes.

Call a cab or walk down there and get it taken care of. Man up bud.
    That comment is not being harsh but its time for you to do things on your own and stop blaming your parents.
    I have been on my own since I was 17 and never blamed my parents for anything.
    If I'm reading you right and your Dad is calling you a hypocondriac maybe you are just that.We don't know your history.
    Too many antibiotics really harm the immune system in the long run.
    Anyway get your ass to the clinic and get checked out they will bill you later.
    Last edited by straycat; 04-05-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Official JCF Badmin

when you get over this, i suggest some edibles or hemp oil if you're throat is still jacked up. actually, i recommend them
    anyway even with a good throat. you'll be feeling fit as a fuckin' fiddle, i swear it. medicine that actually works.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    when you get over this, i suggest some edibles or hemp oil if you're throat is still jacked up. actually, i recommend them
    anyway even with a good throat. you'll be feeling fit as a fuckin' fiddle, i swear it. medicine that actually works.
    Heavy tobacco works wonders for me
    It doesn't have to look pretty, it only has to work,... just like me!

JCF Member

Agree take up smoking, it bolsters your immune system and you never get ill until the day you realise you have got CPD.

Aircon, Vent heaters and low humidity in my eyes means that the USA is the land of the sick. You guys are like cattle in a warm shed in a cold winter. Fucking hell I have never seen so many sick children in all my days, if they weren't vomiting from norovirus, they had their eyes stuck together from red eye or were coughing and spluttering everywhere with the latest bout of the flu. It would be comical actually if the poor loves weren't in so much distress. The last time I saw the doc was ten years ago. This December, the doctor wouldn't prescribe me any antibiotics when I was over there with a similar throat and an accute sinuse infection and starting to go blind in one eye, his thinking was that antibiotics were overused, I was fit and healthy as I worked outside doing a physical job and he couldn't guarantee that it wasn't a virus, that I had got over two weeks before. $120 for that advice? Arsehole... Meanwhile hypocondriacs get the whole arsenal of medication thrown at them.

My advice if you haven't got any savings is to set the thermostat at a maximum of 50F, get a job outdoors, wrap up when you get cold instead of putting the heater on and avoid children, shopping centers and cars and get some physical exercise. You only get ill when you stop working and take a holiday in my experience. So don't stop working and if you have a wife or a girlfriend living at your place, stop the fuck her sanitising everything to extinction with one cloth for that and one cloth for this. Living like Michael Jackson in an oxygen tent with low humidity so bugs can't breed is half the problem of not having any immunity. I'II swear that the only reason I got sick was because the heating was set at 72F (Tropical for me) and the relative humidity was like 30 or 40%.

If you have got a bad infection, it's not your dad's fault is it? Pay the $120 and get yourself down the doc's.

Haven't got $120?

Well now you're learning.

Be responsible about it, keep working and just ask your dad if he can loan you the $120, so you can take yourself down the docs as you reckon you might have an infection and want to get checked out. All this Daaaad, I'm soooo ill....you don't understand...I can't woooork.....I can't go to school....manflu training will get you nowhere mate. He probably gets enough grief from your mom when he has manflu to have any sympathy for you and depsite what you might think of him, he is old and wise enough to know that no work from being sick = no money = bills are stacking up and aren't being paid.
    Last edited by ginsambo; 04-06-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Call Obama
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

What did your mom say about this? And more importantly, is she hot?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

I remember when I used to get mad at my parents for little things. Now I just enjoy the few times per year that I get to see them and greatly fear the day that will no longer be an option. Just be glad your parents are there. There are people a lot worse off than you, kid.