Default Jackson Custom Shop Warrior - What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 1.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	1122

What do you think of this Jackson Custom Shop Warrior? I took this in on a trade. It is actually from NAMM 2008. It is untouched. The bag that has the warranty card and wammy bar was never opened. When the original owner told me it was a Tobacco Burst Warrior I almost said no. I took a chance and had him send it to me to look at. Well I was blown away. So much so that I am keeping this one for myself. I was picturing a maple quilt or flame top. I'm glad it is just plane alder. I don't think it would be as cool with a maple top. What do you think?

Should I re-order this one? Would someone buy it or is this just an oddball that I should stay away from and that I should have my head examined for liking?

Any Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 3.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 4.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 6.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	1119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 5.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	1117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 7.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1120
    "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill

BUY MY GUITARS DAMMIT!!!
    www.cmcguitars.com

You might want to put this in the USA or General section, as members can't really reply in the dealers' section.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Cool. I can't believe no one has been able to see my pics until now. That sucks. Apparently the admin settings were not set right on my account.
    "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill

BUY MY GUITARS DAMMIT!!!
    www.cmcguitars.com

If this thing was available 5-6 months ago, I would have bought it myself.

Blog Entries

I'm not really digging it myself. I don't like "metal" guitars with traditional paint schemes such as sunbursts. I don't like Soloists and Dinkies with trans finishes at all. I like graphic Warriors the most - especially Warbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
    I'm not really digging it myself. I don't like "metal" guitars with traditional paint schemes such as sunbursts.
    +1
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

This one has sort of an identity crisis. I'm a warrior, I kick ass! But, I'm a tobacco burst...I'm a gentlemen! But wait, reverse headstock, so I'm a little freaky deaky!
    The battle's done
    And we kind of won
    So we sound our victory cheer
    Where do we go from here?

Meh. Being a non-figured top and in tobacco burst, it does have a slight Necronomicon/covered in burnt flesh kinda look. A little. Kinda. If you tilt your head and squint.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I like it; if I wasn't so fixated on a V and already have two warriors, I'd be tempted myself.

Thanks for the feedback. This guitar does have an identity crisis. I think this guitar would have sucked with a figured top but I don't know I not a fan of burst finishes on metal guitars but this guitar has its hooks in me.

BUY MY GUITARS DAMMIT!!!
    www.cmcguitars.com

O.O!

Can you PM me the price?
    I like EL34s.

(That would be for the re-order).

I love tobacco bursts and warriors.

If you were to order it, perhaps get it in Ash? I love trans finishes on Ash, because the grain looks so cool.
    I like EL34s.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    (That would be for the re-order).

I love tobacco bursts and warriors.

If you were to order it, perhaps get it in Ash? I love trans finishes on Ash, because the grain looks so cool.
    I have a Anderson tele with a ash in that color, looks very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    I have a Anderson tele with a ash in that color, looks very nice.
    Yes, my 60th strat is ash with a similar burst. As is the '79, except it is in what is now called trans wine. Both are solid hunks of ash.

Ash is just too cool. Sounds unique too. Play an Alder and Ash guitar side by side, they are not as similar as everyone thinks they are. have very different characters.
    I like EL34s.

I like that one a lot.

I like flamed and quilted tops, but something about an unfigured piece of Mahogany or Alder that just screams class with a burst finish and a nice natural woodgrain showing thru. Wouldn't have my KV2T (Burnt Cherry Burst - which looks quite different in diffrent lightings) any other way.

Transitioning from full-time guitarist part time vocalist in a cover band to a Full time vocalist/frontman part time guitarist in an all original band....it's been a while but this could get NASTY!

I think that might be the ONLY warrior I have ever liked. EVER. If it were a regular headstock, it would seal the deal for me.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

sorry i know this thread if a few months old, but i really like that guitar and honestly if I didn't already have a WR1 CS i was thinking about, that one would be high on the GAS list. I for one love the burst on it.
    Rudy Van Disarzio: Is it so wrong for a man to love a guitar?
    Spider Dijon: Yes it is if he PUTS HIS BALLS INSIDE IT AND STRUMS HIMSELF TO ECSTASY!
    -The mIghty boOsh