Tree Roaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Long story short:
      Years ago former production automotive job.
      I bumped to a department that I could get some OT.
      This department was located in the older part of the building/factory.

Had a very strong rain thunderstorm come through.
      Knocked the power out and water started coming up through the various manholes in this department. It only happened in this department (water flooding) every other place/department didn't have the water flooding. Our department flooded and for safety reasons we didn't work once flooded.

HOWEVER!
      Whatever is in the path of water when it floods is coming up with the water.
      Not a few but what appeared to be colonies of huge burgundy brown roaches came up with the water. It was like a movie scene of being flooded with water and colonies of roaches.
      Yucky.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Same down here in Brazoria only see them inside when it rains like hell or it gets cold. I spray house myself once a mon. and only see them ocasionally, our Pit Nitro likes to wack them around w/his paws when he see them; we call them his "freinds"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I just wondered how many of your lives have been destroyed by them like mine. OK, maybe not destroyed lives, but dammit I hate them. What really sucks is when you see one and when you go in for the kill it gets away from you, so you have to go about your business knowing there's one in the house. Somebody told me besides Houston they are real bad in S Florida, like Miami.
          Let go, let Guitar

Comment

That's a nasty fuckin' creature, If there;s a purpose for every being here on earth, then damn, they had a hell of an "off" day when they designed these bastards
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Bunch of pussies, roaches...... I eat them for breakfast.

Now, lizards... even Chuck Norris is afraid of them. Specially them fast slimmy geckos!!!!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksoNeal View Post
                Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I just wondered how many of your lives have been destroyed by them like mine. OK, maybe not destroyed lives, but dammit I hate them. What really sucks is when you see one and when you go in for the kill it gets away from you, so you have to go about your business knowing there's one in the house. Somebody told me besides Houston they are real bad in S Florida, like Miami.
                I grew up with them in Mississippi. Yeah, they gross me out but you get used to it. Our house didn't have any infestations but they will occasionally get in through the vents in the plumbing system, or come up from the sewer.

Most Southerners don't get so scarred by them, they're used to it. Snakes bug me WAY more than bugs, and we had lots of snakes and alligators to worry about. If it can't actually kill you, no sweat...
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Fucking roaches.

Nothing like watching a horror movie with the lights off and one of those fucks lands on your damn face.

Once while chowing down on a big bag of Lay's potato chips, I look down in the bag to see where the next "wow, that's a big fuckin chip!" is (you know there's always about 8-12 of the big-ass chips in there) and I see a fucking cockroach! AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I stomped the bag with the roach in it for about an hour, then puked my brains out. No idea to this day if he snuck into the bag between munches or if he slithered into it through the fold while it was in the cabinet (with a ChipClip on it), but my fucking skin crawls just writing this shit.

Thankfully I haven't seen any since moving to TN, but dammit if there's one reason for the entire South to burn with hellfire, it's to kill the fuckin roaches

And yeah, you can hear the fuckers running along a linoleum floor, or on a wood panel wall.

I'd wake everyone in the house with a loud "BLAM" as I smashed one on the wall with a shoe. Mom and Dad would ask if everything's ok, and I'd just say "killing a roach".
                  Later we got to where whenever we heard that sound, or someone stomping the floor, we'd just ask "did you kill it?"

We had a fly swatter that hung on the wall in the kitchen behind the fridge to kill the fuckers with, until we'd find them hanging out on the fly swatter. That's when shoes came into play

Fucking roaches.

And yes, they fly. Noisily I might add.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post

Now, lizards... even Chuck Norris is afraid of them. Specially them fast slimmy geckos!!!!!

I love lizards as well as reptiles in general. They're cute.
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

My son has a young (4 months) bearded dragon that chows down on anything moving. He's a pig and cost me quite a bit in crickets (50 x 0.11 every 3 days). These might just be the ticket.

Bag them up people and sell them for lizard food.

Comment

oh man, I remember those....
                        seen them on jamaica. the first one really had some strange attraction on me, never seen such a huge bug.
                        that was back in the day when I didn't know yet they could fly.
                        I stayed in save distance from the others from then...

I'm glad they're far away from here and I don't envy you guys at all havin these bastards around your houses.
                        duude, dem suck...
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

they taste like peanuts... kind of crunch that way too....

uh just kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post

Even our dog won't touch those roaches (Palmetto bugs).
                            She will kill a cicada as many times as it is willing to play "die" though...for an hour if that's what it takes.
                            Yes we have them in South Carolina!

Geckos? Slimy?
                            Not...ours are easy to catch, and we welcome them.
                            They eat bugs!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              I had something like that join me in the shower two nights ago. Don't know where he took off to but haven't seen him since. We have pest control in the walls of the house so we don't often see bugs inside, but occasionally one will come a-calling.

Lately we've had quite a few Huntsman spiders in the house. We were watching tv about a week ago and I was sitting on the floor with my back to the couch when a Huntsman came scurrying across the loungeroom floor and actually LEAPT at my feet! By the time I returned from the kitchen with a glass to catch him with (so I could release him outside), he'd disappeared under the tv unit where he couldn't be reached.

This isn't the spider in question but it is what these fellas look like:

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by JacksoNeal View Post
                                Yeah... and when you manage to get them. DO make sure they are dead! Throwing heavy stuff at them won't do it, and if you stomp them make sure that you mean it. Chances are if they are still in one piece they will walk away sooner or later, and either live to fly in your face another day or go die some place like your in your cookie jar or under your pillow...

Ok that last part about the jar and pillow, i made that up. The rest is absolutely true though - you have been warned!

Comment

Working...
                                X