Ed Roman Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    He was nice to me so I can't say anything bad about him.

He was nice to a lot of people.

He was just a counterfeitter convinced he and he along was capable of building a good guitar.

I don't wish the guy dead but shit he was never going to stop knocking off other guitars.

Comment

I was in Vegas in Sept and was going to come out to his shop. He invited me to come and see his store, collection, meet in person. I figured I was on vacation and didn't need to see guitars that I wasn't in the market for. In a way I wish I did now just because there are so many stories about this guy, good and bad. Whatever you want to say about him, the guy was a master luthier. Oh well. Like him or hate him, he was a very big fish in this pond and a lot of people knew him. I am sure some people will miss him, others will piss on his grave. Either way, he made an impact. On the upside death always brings killer deals on stuff when the family is ready to sell off!
      ~ JT ~
      1993 Jackson Stealth Professional / 1996 Jackson Performer PS4
      2002 BC Rich Warlock / 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger II
      1996 Fender Fat Strat / 1999 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
      1996 Fender Precision Lyte Bass / 2002 Fender Jazz Bass
      1989 Aria Pro II XRB Lefthanded Bass
      www.wickedreputation.com
      www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

I didn't know this guy whatsoever..other what I've learned here. Basically he equal to the holocaust..worse than Hitler.

Hitler was someone's pride and joy..loved and hated by many!

I'm sick to DEATH of hearing about him, and Vince Sansafuck!

Good riddance to both...fuggums!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sup?

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          ...fuggums!

AMEN brother Bill

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by JTFormula View Post
            I was in Vegas in Sept and was going to come out to his shop. He invited me to come and see his store, collection, meet in person. I figured I was on vacation and didn't need to see guitars that I wasn't in the market for. In a way I wish I did now just because there are so many stories about this guy, good and bad. Whatever you want to say about him, the guy was a master luthier.
            This guy WAS NOT a MASTER LUTHIER.

He was a guy who had lots of money and PAID OTHER PEOPLE to build his fakes....other 'guys' who were indeed master luthiers and needed to supplement their incomes by building his fakes.

Doesn't mean he deserved to die...but let's 'keep it real'. Sheesh.

I guess Ron will have to find another schtick....
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Guess it's real -http://edroman.com/

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ed Roman.
              Ed Roman was a big personality. We understand that many people have questions regarding the circumstances surrounding his passing. His death however is still very recent, and is a heartbreaking shock to the family. We ask that you please be respectful of the sensitive nature involved with losing a loved one, and the mourning process that follows.
              We will remember him fondly and are keeping his legacy alive. We are conducting business as usual and all orders in process are on schedule, so keep the orders coming, and they will be addressed with the same quality, care and pride you have come to expect from all of us at Ed Roman.
              A more formal announcement from Lindsey Star Roman will be forthcoming. Thank you very much for your consideration.
              Lindsey Star Roman and the Ed Roman Crew

Comment

Ed Roman and Kim Jong Il

RIP

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ok I should clear up my statement. Perhaps HE wasn't the master but he was able to have built whatever you wanted. My buddy Rich has a custom built Explorer done by him to Richs specs and it's a killer axe. Like him or hate him death is final and it's the legacy a man leaves behind that shows his real worth.

The BCR board I am also a member on has very similar responses about his death.
                  ~ JT ~
                  1993 Jackson Stealth Professional / 1996 Jackson Performer PS4
                  2002 BC Rich Warlock / 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger II
                  1996 Fender Fat Strat / 1999 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
                  1996 Fender Precision Lyte Bass / 2002 Fender Jazz Bass
                  1989 Aria Pro II XRB Lefthanded Bass
                  www.wickedreputation.com
                  www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Ok I should clear up my statement. Perhaps HE wasn't the master but he was able to have built whatever you wanted. My buddy Rich has a custom built Explorer done by him to Richs specs and it's a killer axe. Like him or hate him death is final and it's the legacy a man leaves behind that shows his real worth.

The BCR board I am also a member on has very similar responses about his death.
                    That's cool. Everyone has a right to feel the way they do.

Comment

Never dealt with the guy, but I was in the "he's an asshole" camp after hearing stories of how he treated some of you guys. That being said, I was quite shocked and strangely saddened by the news. The internet guitar community has lost one of its biggest characters, and the major "bogeyman".

Comment

Well, that was unexpected. I know the guy was a dick to many, but that's not something that you should dwell on at a time like this. RIP Ed.
                        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

but he was able to have built whatever you wanted.
                          So can you, me, and everybody. Not hard to forward specs to somebody.

My buddy Rich
                          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

In all seriousness, the last few times I saw him at NAMM we was waaaaay obese and smelled like pee. Not kidding my wife had to walk away because of the smell My friend chatted with him on his tour bus while Ed ate and said he was covered in crumbs and food debris. He hadn't been in good health for a while. I spoke with him a few times. Very quick to anger. I played some of his guitars too. They were pretty nice with good finishes. I didn't like the guy but I'm sure he had family and friends that did.

Comment

I had one conversation with Ed and it was basically him bashing the hell out of PRS guitars. Not a great first impression but it does take all kinds to make the world interesting. RIP dude.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

The pee smell indicates kidney failure which is bad news healthwise. I've been there, luckily it was temporary. He was definitely notorious in the guitar community. May he rest in peace.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X