Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Rose without locking nut. Locking tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait I think I answered my own question. You don't think by the looks of the neck that you can fit a Floyd nut on there. How about these?

Nut #6 - Neck Width 1-9/16" Bullet - 10" radius

Nut #7 - Neck Width 1-5/8" Bullet - 10" radius

Now, finding someone who sells them/can order one, could be a problem because they're not typically stocked anywhere I've seen but these are made specially to clear the bigger "bullet" truss rods.

Comment

Thing is, this neck is like a third or half the price of an equivalent Warmoth neck and a lot less than one from Allparts or the like. I want to use a Floyd because the body is already commited to it and I'd like to use that neck because its a great deal.

But it looks like its going to be a ballache. Help me Obe wan Kenobi.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I say go with a roller nut, locking tuners and string retainer bar... you should be good to go. Carvin uses a regular nut on their Floyded guitars (though, a locking nut is like a $20 extra option) and people really don't have any problems staying in tune.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Didnt Chris Brodericks Ibanez sig have a Floyd type bridge and locking tuners without a locking nut?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
            Didnt Chris Brodericks Ibanez sig have a Floyd type bridge and locking tuners without a locking nut?
            Yes, he did.
            http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/me...acs-73689.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9UXIHUH84

Comment

So what difference does the graphite nut make?

Comment

Graphite is a form of lead, it will make the strings slide through smoother than regular plastic.

Comment

The Carvin I used to own had a floyd and Locking tuners only, no lock nut and it I stayed in tune fine even when I used the bar.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Hmmm. Now I dont know what to think. I figure if I dont use microtuners to tune and dont do any crazy whammybatics it would be alright. Maybe get a Graphite nut.

Comment

I decided not to bother in the end. Grandturk's right, why compromise?

I'm a fairly decent artist so i'm going to get a body and try something myself. I can plan all the parts out from scratch, that way I can get exactly what I want and see what parts pop up for sale in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                      X