Schaller replacement for Vintage Kluson tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller replacement for Vintage Kluson tuners

Some people have mentioned that Schaller makes modern tuners model that is a direct replacement for Vintage Kluson tuners. Apparently with this model no modifications are necessary. Does any know where I can get them?

Re: Schaller replacement for Vintage Kluson tuners

Don't know about the Schallers but Stew-Mac has the Gotoh version.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: Schaller replacement for Vintage Kluson tuner

Schaller makes some Kluson-style tuners with screw in bushings. BUT, it is a horrible design! The backs have a tendency to separate from the mounting plate because of the way they are made. Maybe they have a new design now (?), but the ones I have dealt with in the past were garbage.

Go with the Gotohs, they are not perfect, but the best Kluson clone currently available.

If you have the coin, the open back Waverly tuners are probably the best tuners on the market today, period. Extremely well made, but they are very expensive.

Comment

Money is no consideration as long as I can use someting that won't require modifications and could be use a direct replacement.

Comment

Are they 3/side tuners or 6 in-line? Waverly only makes 3/side tuners.

Also, the WD 'Kluson' branded tuners made today are really not very good. They had more slop in them than 40-50 year old Klusons!

Comment

No, they are 6 in-line. I want something different from the Vintage Kluson style. Something more modern looking.

Comment

Dimarzio used to market a real nice machine tuner that fit in the Kluson footprint, you may be able to score a set of Ebay.

Comment

So those Dimarzio tuners are not made anymore?

Comment

I haven't seen them available for a while.

Comment

I check the Dimarzio website and apparently they are not making them anymore. Also checked ebay, but no luck.

Comment

They got out of the parts biz a while back, they used to have really nice bodies and necks.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'll have to settle for the Kluson tuners in black chrome.

Comment

Working...
                        X