best thing for a pulled/ strained muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best thing for a pulled/ strained muscle

I strained the muscles in my left knee yesterday...I don't exactly know how. I wasn't leg locked or anything, I know this much.

I've got a competition coming up in 9 days, and I don't want to fuck myself up more.

What's the best thing to do for pulled/strained muscles? My doctor said to just stay light on it, and ice it. The PT girls at work said the same thing. I know some of you are power lifters/ body builders, and or personal trainers.

You guys have anything that works for you?

Re: best thing for a pulled/ strained muscle

rest and ice...no other way...a massage might help but might not if they dont know what they are doing...be very careful...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I pulled a muscle in my groin once. I wish I could've said it was from having the craziest and best sex of my life, but I did it working out. It was flippin painful to say the least. Rest and ice again...sorry for not adding anything useful, but that's all I did. Stay off of it as much as possible as to not aggrivate it further too. It's boring, but if you get back on it too early it might take longer to recover

Comment

After the first 48 hours, you can alternate ice and heat. Otherwise, you've pretty much got the right info. For a grade 1 muscle strain, the best thing to do is stay as active as you can without doing anything that hurts. For example, if it hurts to run, don't run. But walk as much as you can if that doesn't cause pain.

On a side note, I strained my ass (upper Glute max) a couple of weeks ago doing deadlifts with 70% of my max. Ached like hell for the first 24 hours. I just took a week off of lifting and got back into the next week. No more ass pain.

Comment

Drugs
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Go to a health food store and get a suppliment called Bromelian.It's all natural(from pineapple).Take two twice a day,and in 2 days you'll be fine..
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Knees are hard to deal with...try a jacuzzi at 104 degrees a few times a day and ice. It depends on what works for you. Rest for sure, as much as you can and a combination of ice and heat. Being a hockey player I just normally played through whatever pain I could as long as it was only pain and not doing any further damage [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I pulled a muscle in my groin once.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I did that earlier... for about 20 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I suggest a Geisha
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

I suggest you start listening to the "PT girls" at work.
                    "POOP"

Comment

I've been icing it and heating it so far. Hopefully I've got more mobility in a few days. My litmus test will be, what can I do by Wednesday.

I'm hoping to do well in the 2006 State Judo championships, but if I'm injured, I'll have to sit out.

Comment

RICE

R - Rest
                        I - Ice
                        C - Compression (get you an ace bandage or something)
                        E - Elevation (keep the extremity elevated as to not let the blood pool in it)

get well soon [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-C

Comment

there's nothing funny about a groin injury. i suffered one early/mid-february, was told to leave myself alone, but the pain has only intensified. i'm still in pain now. this is how the uk medical profession operates - fob everybody off with bullshit and get paid stupid amounts of money. i don't think i want to put ice on it. deep heat cream doesn't sound healthy either.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Then continue to hurt.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Go and see aprivate doctor asnd pay to actually get taken care of I would have bleed to death no thanks to the unkowing nhs....

sorted by a private doc ian less thana week...

And pretty much rest compressing and healing hopefully...

Good luck/health Ozz

Comment

Working...
                              X