Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jackson humbucker wiring red/white/bare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson humbucker wiring red/white/bare?

got a jackson humbucker with only red/white/bare leads. what is standard humbucker wiring? i know about guitarelectronics.com which tells me nothing. i have no tools to test nor the knowledge to read a multimeter if it helps any the sticker on the back says L.P. - H 10.2

someone's gotta know the answer:think:

Ok i guess im just an idiot. For anyone who has this question. One wire is ground one wire os hot and bare is ground. Im not sure which is which yet. Hopefully i wont have to pull this damn pickguard off again after i plug it up and hear it. Lol

Comment

It won't matter which you wire as which unless you have other pickups with it, in which case you want to address the phasing of the pickups. So try the red as the hot, and ground the bare and white. If when used with other picukps you get a thin, out of phase sound, reverse the hot with the ground. Some people (Peter Green for example) dig the out of phase sound. I find it to be thin and weak and prefer in phase.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Those are OK pickups very PAF ish.I had those in a stealth HX.
        Bare you know is ground so like 750 said is how you figure it out.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool thanks Joe unfortunately i wired it w white hot cause it was the longer. Guess ill see when i plug it up.

Comment

Working...
          X