Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my model 1a worth anything

Hey there people,

I am trying to sell a model 1a charvel import. I was asking 300 bucks, do you think that is too much? It's in good shape with a serial of 285785. Thanks for any help

Yep...it's barely worth the shipping. I'll send you a call tag begrudgingly and take it off your hands.

You may want to check out the rules. Want to sell ads by junior members are prohibited.

Comment

put it on ebay with an opening bid of $1. You'll soon find out what it's really worth
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Awesome first post.

Comment

Rulez

If you read my post wrong, I can see that you might have thought I was trying to sell this guitar on JCF, but if you read it again all I am asking is if you think it is WORTH 300 bucks. I don't recall reading anything on my post that says "For Sale". Note the title "Is my model 1a worth anything. Awesome first post :P

Comment

Ohhhhhh I get it.
            It was looking like you were fishing to sell it anywhere you could.
            Our most sincere apologies.
            300 is low.
            I would not take anything less than 550 for a rare beauty like that.
            They just don't come around that often.
            Cheers!
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

i remember paying $225 for mine new.

Comment

I am guessing by the sarcastic responses by the "elite" JCF members that it's not worth much. Thanks for your "help"

Comment

I am guessing by the sarcastic responses by the "elite" JCF members that it's not worth much. Thanks for your "help"
                  actually some of these have been going for good money. More then what they cost new.
                  You'll love spike once you get to know him.

Comment

Check the classified section Terrapin
                    I'm selling one that's not even stock
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      I'm selling one that's not even stock
                      Well, I hope to God you included a sale price!
                      "POOP"

Comment

--floydkramer

Comment

As you've probably guessed, Terp, we don't like first posts that could be construed as trying to sell a guitar.

With that said, Ebay is your best bet for finding out what something is worth. It is very easy to search completed listings for "Charvel Model 1a" and see what comes back. I just did it, and while it didn't find any 1As, I changed it to bring back just "Charvel Model" and you can see that they go from between $225 and $650. The Model 1A must be pretty rare if it didn't come up in the search, so I'd lean towards the high side. Worst that happens is it doesn't sell and you relist it at a lower price.

I hope you decide to stay and actually contribute to the forum. It's a great place once you get to know it.
                          Scott

Comment

Spivonious,

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Take Care

Best,
                            Terrapin4J

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              I hope you decide to stay and actually contribute to the forum. It's a great place once you get to know it.
                              Yes, please do!

It's a nice place once you get to know everyone.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                              X