Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Pickups, how to tell if it's asian or US made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pickups, how to tell if it's asian or US made?

I have a handful of different Jackson Pickups lying about (J50N, J50B, J50BC, J80, J90...)

All of them have a sticker that says "Jackson made in USA" on the base plate....are those all really US made pickups?
    The reason I'm askin is that some just have that sticker and another one specifying the pickup type, but some also have a sticker on there specyfiying a Charvel guitar model (for example "model 4,5") and since the Charvel guitars were made in Japan I'm not 100% if the pickups really are US made (despite the "made in USA"-sticker).

Are all those "made in USA" pickups really made in the US?
    and if not, how can one tell if a pickup ist really a US made one?

Here's an example of two of my J50s:

thanks for your help!

Im pretty sure the asian ones have slanted posts lol. Im not sure but I believe all the ones that say made in the US are and the imports just have a little sticker that say j?? and an output sticker(10.2k, etc)

Comment

Yes, if they have the made in USA sticker than sure enough, they are. As jdr said, ones like the JH-2 (which Im pretty sure is the J-92)for example, are probably MIJ.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I found this post though:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/659...l=1#post868831

Comment

The J-50 is one of my all time fave Jackson pick up.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The baseplates on US pickups were different too. Like the one you have in the op

Comment

Working...
            X