Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Custom Shop Warrior - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Warrior - What do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	2449661Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 1.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2449667

What do you think of this Jackson Custom Shop Warrior? I took this in on a trade. It is actually from NAMM 2008. It is untouched. The bag that has the warranty card and wammy bar was never opened. When the original owner told me it was a Tobacco Burst Warrior I almost said no. I took a chance and had him send it to me to look at. Well I was blown away. So much so that I am keeping this one for myself. I was picturing a maple quilt or flame top. I'm glad it is just plane alder. I don't think it would be as cool with a maple top. What do you think?

Should I re-order this one? Would someone buy it or is this just an oddball that I should stay away from and that I should have my head examined for liking?

Any Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 3.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	2449666Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 4.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2449663Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 6.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2449664Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 5.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2449662Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson CS Warrior 7.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2449665
    "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]

You might want to put this in the USA or General section, as members can't really reply in the dealers' section.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Can now.

Comment

Cool. I can't believe no one has been able to see my pics until now. That sucks. Apparently the admin settings were not set right on my account.
        "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]

Comment

If this thing was available 5-6 months ago, I would have bought it myself.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm not really digging it myself. I don't like "metal" guitars with traditional paint schemes such as sunbursts. I don't like Soloists and Dinkies with trans finishes at all. I like graphic Warriors the most - especially Warbirds.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I'm not really digging it myself. I don't like "metal" guitars with traditional paint schemes such as sunbursts.
              +1
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This one has sort of an identity crisis. I'm a warrior, I kick ass! But, I'm a tobacco burst...I'm a gentlemen! But wait, reverse headstock, so I'm a little freaky deaky!

Comment

Meh. Being a non-figured top and in tobacco burst, it does have a slight Necronomicon/covered in burnt flesh kinda look. A little. Kinda. If you tilt your head and squint.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like it; if I wasn't so fixated on a V and already have two warriors, I'd be tempted myself.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. This guitar does have an identity crisis. I think this guitar would have sucked with a figured top but I don't know I not a fan of burst finishes on metal guitars but this guitar has its hooks in me.

Comment

O.O!

Can you PM me the price?
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

(That would be for the re-order).

I love tobacco bursts and warriors.

If you were to order it, perhaps get it in Ash? I love trans finishes on Ash, because the grain looks so cool.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                            (That would be for the re-order).

I love tobacco bursts and warriors.

If you were to order it, perhaps get it in Ash? I love trans finishes on Ash, because the grain looks so cool.
                            I have a Anderson tele with a ash in that color, looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              I have a Anderson tele with a ash in that color, looks very nice.
                              Yes, my 60th strat is ash with a similar burst. As is the '79, except it is in what is now called trans wine. Both are solid hunks of ash.

Ash is just too cool. Sounds unique too. Play an Alder and Ash guitar side by side, they are not as similar as everyone thinks they are. have very different characters.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X