JSX-94 Concept...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSX-94 Concept...???

Well, being the hopeless Jackson/ Charvel collector I am I found this puppy on eBay for $150. So needless to say from some of the data I scrounged up that it is somewhat rare. I have owned my fair share of Dinky's, PS-4's, PS-37's, and so on, but I haven't really seen these around. I saw this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21423827@N02/3394745595/) and in the caption below it states that the one she is holding is 1 of 600 made. Another said that they were only made one year. This guy I bought it from claims he is the first owner. He bought it new back in 1993. Just wondering if any of you gurus have anymore info on the JSX. I like to know my history of all my Jackson's and Charvel's. Thanks for all of your help.
    sigpic

I have one too. The trem on mine is really craptacular but besides that and swappped pickups it's a great guitar.

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/in...4-95Page15.jpg

I had one, too ! Super thin neck IIRC; sold it because I prefer 24 frets and the bridge was in fact "craptacular"
      (whatever that means, I guess it's derived from "crap")
      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

I have a JDR-94. I can't say that the "one of only 600" isn't true, but it would surprise me. I didn't think they were very rare. Seems pretty often the question comes up about one of the Concepts and 80% of the site pipes in and says they have or had one.

And just for more info... The V you had is a PS-3T.. "T" was for tremolo I think.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The Concepts were the precursor to the Performers. The specs were exactly the same. They just changed the names on em. Not bad guitars with some parts changin.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
            The Concepts were the precursor to the Performers. The specs were exactly the same. They just changed the names on em. Not bad guitars with some parts changin.
            The specs weren't the same, Performers had very different necks, much thicker and were generally crappier than Concepts. I had both JDR-94 in Bright Red and JSX-94 in Dark Metallic Blue, JDR as the name implies was just a budget version of Dinky Reverse and the JSX was a budget version of Stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by rgx View Post
              The specs weren't the same, Performers had very different necks, much thicker and were generally crappier than Concepts.
              Are you sure about that?

I've played both.
              My friend has a Concept and I have a PS4...neck is thinner on the PS4 and the
              overall quality of both is just about the same.

Both are good budget guitars and there are plenty of Concepts kicking around.
              Last edited by Cygnus X1; 09-15-2010, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I played both too. The JDR-94 felt exactly like the PS-4 i just sold and the first couple of year the performers were made they came out of the same factory as the concept line.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Well, as far as I understand there were different Performer guitars, the ones I saw were MIK and really inferior to the MIJ Concepts, though I've heard that they moved the production back to Japan later on, so that could be the reason for such different experience with them. I can't comment on the latter ones as I switched to Ibanez RG's at around 1994/1995 and didn't play Jacksons until recently.

Comment

That also sounds bassackwards...I believe early PS models were MIJ, then made in Korea, India, or whatever.
                    Regardless.

Good bang for the buck, I like the Jap-Jacs for that.

Comment

[QUOTE=rgx;1375707]The specs weren't the same, Performers had very different necks, much thicker and were generally crappier than Concepts. I had both JDR-94 in Bright Red and JSX-94 in Dark Metallic Blue, JDR as the name implies was just a budget version of Dinky Reverse and the JSX was a budget version of Stealth.[/QUOTE

Stealths an import made at the same place the "First" PS-4" were made. the PS-4/JDr/ have super thin neck , in term of today Japan imports. But I have only had 2 maybe four of them. So I am by no means an exsquirt, lol and for the stealth even the XL is a no frills guitar,580 bridge double dot inlays like the jdr/PS-4.
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Seems to me that the Concept Series was Jap. I had a JDX-94...SMOKIN' GOOD axe!

Comment

I won't argue, I just remember that Concepts were an OK guitars, Performers weren't, in my humble opinion, for sure. YMMV

Comment

i've had a bunch of concepts and a bunch of performers. some of the performers had the crappy thick neck, but the earlier ones still shared the same neck profile which is obvious through the progression of where they were made as cygnus1 pointed out. the best way i can think to say it is, the concepts were the great idea, the performers were the budget version of that.

edit- oh and there are no ps-37's they are ps-3T's the t just looks like a seven. it stood for tremolo back then. now the t stands for tailpiece i.e. dkmgt

at least thats what i understand. correct me if i'm wrong
                            Last edited by jdr94; 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

You guys been spying on my cheap Jackson collection or what?

DKMGT is indeed hard tail, string-through with a Gibby style bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X