Alright, This is a bunch of crap!! I'm getting less OT at work which really is a good thing. I have more time at home with the nice lady that lets me touch her, more time in the home studio so maybe I can finally play some of the thousands of $$ in gear I have instead of just collecting, and just generally more fun times. Except... I'm drinking beer more often and put on about 15# in the last 6 months or so... Then, 6 weeks ago, knee surgery.. Month off work (another good thing as it was paid) and
Today I took the tape off to see how my paint job turned out.
This is my first attempt at a project guitar. Although it is not perfect, it is alright.
I will put a clear coat on to protect the paint.
The Blue Avenger getting the tape off.
I took most of the tape off. I left the routed out part for bridge taped.
I wanted that part to remain flat black.
Now comes the clear
Here is the Avenger getting taped for paint coat #2
Putting on the blue paint.
Here is the Avenger ready for the first coat of paint.
I cleaned the body very well, removing all of the grunge before I taped it.
Newly painted with a coat of flat black enamel primer.
Now the tough part, waiting for it to dry.
Updated 08-14-2011 at 02:12 PM by Random_Sample
Here is pic of the frequency response of the stock pickups in the Charvel Avenger.
This was done before I took the Avenger apart.
I sampled them in the three switch positions.
I used the Signal Scope app for i-phone for the test.
The guitar was plugged straight into a Roland Cube 40XL amplifier set on the clean channel, with all the effects turned off, the guitar volume at full, and the amp volume at 5. I played an E5 Chord for the