Didn't make any entries until I resolved that last post, which was to start designing and building the next step, the 30 watt.
I built one, sent it to a famous pickup maker, and we both decided we didn't like the result.
He owns a 7 watt and loves it.
So I got it back and stripped out to start over.
In the meantime I was able to do a similar build into a Fender 75 chassis, with channel switching via a couple of XLR cables.
Passive, but quiet.
The gain channel
Here is the bridge from the Avenger. It is a JT-580 Takeuchi.
It is a full double locking bridge, stamped Charvel, that was used on some Charvette guitars from the same time.
Most Avenger guitars have the single locking JT-570 bridge.
The bridge is similar to the JT-580 used on some Jackson guitars, but made in Japan. Everything is original and seems to work well. I will make sure all the parts work correctly and put it back together.
Updated 09-23-2011 at 12:43 PM by Random_Sample
Here is the Avenger, mostly untaped, after getting the gloss coat.
This is a pic of the untaped, unpainted neck pocket area.
Next step is to put the neck back on and start to put the whole thing back together.
I will also clean up the neck and bridge, and get the all the parts working and moving again.
Alright, This is a bunch of crap!! I'm getting less OT at work which really is a good thing. I have more time at home with the nice lady that lets me touch her, more time in the home studio so maybe I can finally play some of the thousands of $$ in gear I have instead of just collecting, and just generally more fun times. Except... I'm drinking beer more often and put on about 15# in the last 6 months or so... Then, 6 weeks ago, knee surgery.. Month off work (another good thing as it was paid) and
Today I took the tape off to see how my paint job turned out.
This is my first attempt at a project guitar. Although it is not perfect, it is alright.
I will put a clear coat on to protect the paint.
The Blue Avenger getting the tape off.
I took most of the tape off. I left the routed out part for bridge taped.
I wanted that part to remain flat black.
Now comes the clear