Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you replace a JT6 trem with a OFR or Schaller easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you replace a JT6 trem with a OFR or Schaller easily?

or do you have to move the trem posts???

are they the same width as OFR & Schaller posts?? or different??

Just curious if I can drop an OFR or Schaller in a old model series charvel that has a JT6 in it??????
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

The OFR is a drop-in replacement for the JT-6. The intonation should be dead nuts on. You can replace the JT-6 studs with Budman's parts to get a bit more pullup if desired.

Comment

thanks! what do you mean by "a bit more pullup"????

Comment

As a side note, Budman also makes those black washers that were often found around the JT-6 posts and always fall off. I picked up a pair and superglued them on there.

Comment

Oh, I understand that the angle of the cutout on his posts is opened up a bit more.

Comment

Yep, done many a time. There might be a point where the lower part of the bridge rubs against the wood cutout in the body, but nothing a little sandpaper can't rid of, and I only have seen this a couple times. Oh, and use a 42 mm block.

FYI, the JT6 string spacing is a little narrower than an OFR's, and it may be completely Gibson-spaced...something I never realized til someone mentioned it here.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I put a Schaller floyd on my model 6 and it's a direct swap. Like Metalmedal said you'll need a 42mm black.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

cool. thanks for all the info!!!

Comment

Working...
                X