removing paint finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing paint finish

I've tried three seperate paint strippers on my jackson project bodies but it wont strip off the paint. Is there a special kind of stripper needed for their paint type?
    Causing chaos one note at a time!

-CJ-

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...tripping+paint

search function does wonders

Comment

I just sanded my Model 6 down to wood with a random orbital and 120 grit discs in about 3 hours. Wasn't that hard to do.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Aircraft stripper. Comes in an aerosol can, and you can get it at auto parts stores.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully you rock!

That worked perfectly, thx for the advice!

-CJ-

Comment

Yeah, poly is too tough for the crap at Wal Mart.

Comment

I use a military issue flame thrower and burn it off. Just like Napalm J/K.

Sully said it, aircraft stripper. And it may take multiple applications. A heat gun works well too with a flexible scrapper. If you use a heat gun, keep it moving so the wood doesn't get burn marks.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have used marine stripper before and it works pretty good buy I have not used the aircraft stripper before.

Comment

I've tried 3 different brands of semi-paste stripper from Home Dump (Home Depot), none of them touched it, but that aircraft stripper did in two seperate applications. But now you've given me an excuse to go buy that heat gun I wanted.

-CJ-

Comment

Working...
                  X