Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD SH-6 vs. SH-8

I have:
    Guitar #1: Dimarzio Evolutions (not changing those)
    Guitar #2: SD SH-6 and SH-10
    ... and a pair of EMG's
    Guitar #3 is currently pending.

I can either save the EMG's for Guitar #3, or put them in #2. Guitar #3 will come with stock pups SH-8 and SH-10.

EDIT: Fuked up there. I meant to ask, what difference should I notice between the 6 and 8?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-01-2009, 04:47 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

What advice are you looking for? What would be the best thing to do with the EMGs?
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

IMO the sh-8 is a muddy pickup im not a huge sh-6 lover but i would choose it over the invader, but you cant go wrong with EMGs , if you dont like the 81 try the 85 either way emGs rule.

Comment

Without know what type of guitar these pickups are going in, it's king of pointless to guess.

The SH-8 will have more bass than the SH-6. Look at the tone charts.

Comment

The two I own are WR1's. Chances are, the 3rd will also be a WR1.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            EDIT: Fuked up there. I meant to ask, what difference should I notice between the 6 and 8?
            um... 2?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              um... 2?
              There always has to be a wise ass online
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I would get a Custom 5 or Custom Custom bridge and a Pearly Gates or 59 neck. I have a Custom Custom in my KV and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                X