PC1 Truss rod adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Truss rod adjustment

I just got a PC1 - gorgeous! It needs a truss rod adjustment but none of the allen keys that are included seem to fit in the rod slot. Does anyone know what size key is needed? I bought the guitar used, so maybe the truss rod key got lost - is there a specific key Jackson provides to adjust this guitar? Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks!

Came across the same issue with a new one, wrong wrenches sent. It's a 4mm, got one from stew mac. Here's the link.
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Wr..._Wrenches.html

Comment

You rock... thanks!

Comment

So I ordered the allen key from StewMac, got it today, and it still doesn't go in. Is it possible that someone stripped the nut (of course anything is possible).... At this point, I've removed two tuners just to get in at the right angle, and it's just not catching.... I've done truss rod adjustments before so I'm not new to this, but I've never had such a hard time getting the key to fit in there....

Comment

My PC1 had similar issues. An authorized Fender repair shop checked it out per Jackson's policy for returns and it turned out to be indeed difficult to fit the Allen wrench. The supplied wrench with the guitar was the correct size however it is probably a cheap Made in China wrench. He gave me the USA Made correct wrench he used to adjust it with. You may want to try a higher quality USA wrench and it will still be a bit tough to adjust.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yeah, the wrenches that come with these guitars, the chrome plated ones, are terrible.

Since the PC1 is set up for heavy strings, the truss rod is VERY stiff to adjust, as it's already pretty tight.

I use a nut driver with a hardened steel allen bit on an extension for the angled pegheads.

The PC1 is a little tricky because it's so deep. There is also a metal "collar" that the wrench has to pass through to get to the actual truss rod nut. My plan was to get a long allen wrench and cut the angled portion off, then fit it into a 1/4" drive socket on my nut driver handle.

They also sell long T-handled allen wrenches which would work.

Comment

Working...
            X