Charvel Star - Neck Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Star - Neck Pocket

Hey guys, got my hands on a Charvel USA Standard Star (number 6xxx).
    I'm pretty confused of how the neck sits in the neck pocket: there's a gap between the neck and the body on the upper side. I don't think that the neck should be "re-aligned" (by opening the screws, pushing the neck softly into a direction and thightening them again), because the strings run pretty straight over the neck.

I've seen that on a lot of guitars, but actually never on a USA Charvel. On a bolt-on, I see it as a sign of quality how tight the neck-pocket is. How do you guys see that? Is sth like that normal for today's Charvels?

edit: picture of what we're talking about
    Last edited by no-one; 10-27-2009, 06:24 AM.

That is the original charvel neck with the correct heel dimension of 2.25"? Ive seen guys quibble about sloppy neck pockets but that looks like hell. Are you sure the neck is original to the body?

Comment

+1
      Are you sure the neck is original to that guitar?
      -Rick

Comment

well... it should be...
        this piece is going to hit the road in a couple of days again anyway (will post more pictures then)

Comment

That looks bad. Check if there is a neck shim that has the heal lifted on one side. I've been able to remove all shims on my Charvels and get the setup perfect. I just hate not having the neck sit solidly against the body.

Comment

Working...
          X