Charvel San Dimas Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel San Dimas Production

Someone wants to trade me a Charvel San Dimas he bought 10 months ago, he had it refinished but it has cross inlays on it? ive never seen a Charvel with cross inlays so i'm wondering if it's genuine before i go and trade my bay-beh for this new guitar

also maybe the possibilty of them being vinyl inlay stickers?

Any help would be greattlyyy appreciated, thanks!

Have you seen this guitar in person? You'd be able to tell if the inlays are syickers or not. As for the finish, it looks pretty cool actually. Definitely different that the run of the mill Production colors. Depends on if you like the "upgrades" or not, also what you are trading it for.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

i'm meeting up with him in person soon, but its a 45 min drive to where he lives, so its a ways away

i'm digging the finish for sure, and it does look unique, but the guitar im trading holds special value to me

its a white dean razorback with gold pinstripes, all gold hardware, and a gold Original FR, one of 24 in the world, an import >_> but shes a beauuttyyy

its identical to the one matt heafy (of trivium <_<) used to play, which is one of the reasons im trading it,

i think shes amazing, but i'll just be another trivium-fanboy if I play that anywhere, plus im lookin for a more versatile guitar with better tuning stability than a recessed floyd

Comment

They look like vinyl stickers to me. I have some on the neck of one of my guitars. They're not bad...they hold up well and don't get in the way. Don't let it be a deal breaker...you can always remove them. Just make sure you don't factor them being real into the value of the guitar/trade.

Comment

Originally posted by greentea View Post
          plus im lookin for a more versatile guitar with better tuning stability than a recessed floyd
          Huh? True, the Charvel has a non-recessed Floyd, but it's still floating. Recessed or non-recessed has nothing to do with tuning stability.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know anything about Deans. What's that thing worth? Import or not, it may be worth more than that modded Charvel. Used production Charvels are not hard to come by in the $600 - $700 range, and that's only going to go down with time, imo.

Comment

i would make that trade

Comment

its a no brainer.

trade it.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Regarding the neck inlays, I'd hope for stickers on this one. I'm not sure how the cross inlays mix with the flaming blue tikki paint theme. Nonetheless, I'd make the trade for the reasons you state.

Comment

Do It..Do It..Do it
                    My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
                    Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by greentea View Post
                      ...plus im lookin for a more versatile guitar with better tuning stability than a recessed floyd
                      So you´re really just looking for a properly set up guitar, or? Because there is no more stable system than a properly set up Floyd rose.

Comment

Working...
                      X