New PC-1 sustainer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC-1 sustainer issues

I purchased a brand new PC-1 back in July of this year and this past weekend whenever I turned on the sustainer and put it in harmonic mode, I would get a high pitched squealing noise (regardless if the amp was on a clean channel or a high gain channel). Up until this weekend, I have not had an issue with the sustainer. Has anyone else came across this issue? Is there a remedy for this?

Did you try the obvious stuff like replacing the battery?

After that I would check the connections.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Connections are all good and in place pretty solid. Has brand new batteries in it. The batteries were the first thing I thought was the issue, but even after putting fresh ones in, still got the same issue.

Comment

I think there are a couple of small pots in the electronics cavity that may take care of this with a small adjustment. I believe Rjohnstone is our resident sustainer expert - he'll likely be along here sometime shortly and set you straight about them, and what to tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          I think there are a couple of small pots in the electronics cavity that may take care of this with a small adjustment. I believe Rjohnstone is our resident sustainer expert - he'll likely be along here sometime shortly and set you straight about them, and what to tweak.
          That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry I'm late. Was on vacation at Disneyland this week.

As for the squeel. Could be a couple of things.
            First, verify none of the leads broke.
            Jackson packed the wiring in there pretty tight and I've seen few cases were lead broke off due to the angle of the bends.
            Next would be to adjust the gain trim pot located on the circuit board.
            There are two trim pots. One for gain and one for sensativity.
            Use a plastic screw driver. I had a pic of one but can't find it right now.
            Mark the original position of the trim pots and begin tweaking.

I'm typing this from my phone and sucking at it, so feel free to pm me if you need more info.
            -Rick

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
              X