Need to find a replacement Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find a replacement Neck

Where can I find Jackson replacement necks? I have a circa late 90's early 2000 kelly (think it's a jk20, got it from musicians friend). THe neck needs to be replaced. Also how can I find out what the scale length is?

thanks.

if its a Kelly the scale length is 25 1/2in. Whats wrong with the neck that it needs to be replaced?
    Gil

Comment

Ebay

Comment

It's very warped/wavy. Thanks for the scale length info. I did a quick ebay search all i saw were knock offs and used necks. I'd really like to get a new one so i don't run into the same problem.

Comment

Here's my thoughts.

If a neck is going to warp, it's going to do it when it's young and still drying out.

And aged / used neck will have stabilized to the point where if it was going to warp, it would have warped by now.

The only way I see an old neck warping is through abuse.

Comment

I've never heard of a place offering new jackson necks. I don't think jackson sells loose necks at all.
            warmoth and mightymite make necks to jackson specs, but IIRC they won't do any 24 fretters.
            I guess a second hand is all you will get, except for the option of buying a whole new guitar and selling everything besides the neck (but this doesn't make sense to me ).

but there are second hand jackson necks in great shape out there. necks are often swapped new for cosmetic preferences, so you might find a mint DK2 neck for example.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Wow, i didn't realize how expensive necks can be, used Jackson necks on ebay seem to be going for about $200, and I think I only paid about 300 for the guitar new.

Comment

What's wrong with the neck you have now?
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                X